Search results

  1. chief

    Adult Dragonfly and Damselfly Pattern Recommendations

    I posted a photo of a pattern I like that has been effective for me in a past discussion on this topic. Here is a link: https://pnwflyfishing.com/forum/threads/adult-damsels-need-help.8169/#post-190085
  2. chief

    Paprika

    When we had some fish filleted for us down in Loreto the guy had a big tub of water that he dipped the bags in to push all of the air out before he sealed them. It worked pretty well. It might be hard to do with Paprika because it is so light weight, but with the fillets they were 99% vacuum sealed.
  3. chief

    Christmas Island Oct 25

    I have been to the Villages several times and can confirm that they have a good fishing program. The outriggers leave directly from the beach in front of the camp every morning, so there are no truck transfers involved. I would say if they have a weakness it is fishing the Korean Wreck. They...
  4. chief

    #Fliesforspokane fundraiser

    What if you don't do Instagram?
  5. chief

    Hardy St. John Fly Reel w/original box

    Lowered price.
  6. chief

    Hardy St. John Fly Reel w/original box

    Hardy St. John 3 7/8" fly reel with original box. Good condition for its vintage but does show some wear on the edges as shown in the photos. Great to match with a vintage rod or for a collector. Selling for $325 shipped to the lower 48. I accept cash, PayPal or Venmo.
  7. chief

    Back packing water filters (advice needed)

    For general hiking and day trips to mountain lakes I use a Grayl - water bottle and purifier in one. It isn't good for an entire camp, but good to keep and individual hydrated on the trail. I usually carry a second water bottle and keep it full of water I purify with the Grayl to make sure I...
  8. chief

    What are you wearing?

    So what are we supposed to wear instead?
  9. chief

    FS Selling off some Fly Rods and Gear

    Updated and returning to top
  10. chief

    Looking for Chelan/Okanogan lakes to take my daughter

    Check the regs. Big & Little Twin don’t open until the general opener on April 25th. I am not familiar with the others that you mentioned. My answer would be yes. Always worthwhile to get out with your daughter.
  11. chief

    What's in your vise?

    New (to me) squirmy worm material - Trina's - way easier to tie with than the original stuff.
  12. chief

    Air miles to CXI?

    I have used Alaska miles for CXI flights in the past. Make sure you are putting in the correct days of the week. The departure from HNL is on Tuesday and the return from CXI is on Wednesday (arriving HNL on Tuesday). The booking window opens up 330 days in advance.
  13. chief

    Wading boots suggestions?

    Buzzy, I had the same thing happen to my Simms Flyweights. It is definitely a design flaw which is too bad because I really like the boots. I ended up buying a repair kit off Amazon and sewing the loop rings onto what was left of the webbing on the boot. They have lasted another 2 seasons, and...
  14. chief

    What's in your vise?

    Playing around with color gradient dubbing loops:
  15. chief

    Anyone wanna go to Christmas island next winter?

    I wonder if that is because the "islanders" don't really seem to recognize the exchange rate difference between USD and AUD. At least in my experience they will take either currency and value it the same. At least when it comes to bar tabs and tips.
  16. chief

    Anyone wanna go to Christmas island next winter?

    I am not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but I have been taking groups to Christmas Island for the past 20 years, and the average cost "all in" is closer to $6,500 - $7,000 these days. This is still a bargain compared to a lot of places, and I highly recommend the experience, but one should...
  17. chief

    NFR Mexican Riviera Cruise Advice

    I did this itinerary on a Princess ship last April for a "conference at sea" for work. I have been to Mexico a lot, so it was not my first time in any of these ports. It is pretty easy to get off the ship and walk around on your own, except in Puerto Vallarta you will need to take a taxi to get...
  18. chief

    Budget 4wt shorty recs?

    My misunderstanding. Since a good majority of the conversation was about the Redington CT (and it not having enough power), I thought that was the rod you were considering. Sorry, I didn't read every reply.
Back
Top