Search results

  1. Creatch’r

    6 weight floating “daily driver” lines - tuning a Scott Centric

    SA amplitude smooth infinity taper. I have both that and the MPX for my 905 centric and the infinity is my favorite casting fly line. I prefer the MPX for throwing bigger dry flies like chubbies or hoppers from the drift boat but the infinity is just a casting machine. Really really love that line.
  2. Creatch’r

    The good boat deal thread

    What do you figure the boat weighs?
  3. Creatch’r

    Dubbing Loops

    I make long brushes with bunny fur, makes it really easy to mass produce a bunch of flies instead of hassling with bunny in a loop each time. It keeps it simple. Once they are wet the material slicks back nicely and they last a long time. With the thin wire I use they are super durable, another...
  4. Creatch’r

    Batson Rainshadow Rod Blanks

    I have a custom 690 that was built on an rx8+ 15 or so years ago and it’s a great rod. For many years it was my only 6wt and has seen a shit ton of use, more than any one fly rod I own. It is seemingly indestructible. One summer in alaska I broke the other two rods I brought with me and I ended...
  5. Creatch’r

    Taking down animals

    Not the best picture because he was pretty upset but I did get my lure back. I would never fight a turtle.
  6. Creatch’r

    Wanted Spey lines

    Looking for: Bridge torrent 575 Bridge wintertide 550gr 8/9 Nextcast Zone F1 575
  7. Creatch’r

    #1....

    I’ve got $20 on it if you get that fish tattooed on your lower back.
  8. Creatch’r

    #1....

    Nice work Dan!
  9. Creatch’r

    What fishing are you dreaming of right now?

    The first spring day on the skagit or Sauk where I have to take off my coat in the afternoon because I’m too warm. The days are noticeably longer. The trees are budding. I should probably mow my lawn but that’s tomorrows problem. I’m fishing a light tip and a marabou fly and it’s swinging...
  10. Creatch’r

    6wts

    After spending over $200 to repair my XP I’m done buying more older sages unless I get a screaming deal. I used to have a 7wt RPL and agree it was a nice casting action. I caught a lot of summer steel on that rod once upon a time.
  11. Creatch’r

    6wts

    I’ve never cast a Burkie single hander but I have a spey rod. Beautiful rods, and great customer service.
  12. Creatch’r

    6wts

    I think there is a place for fast rods but I don’t enjoy them much for trout fishing applications. I want my trout rods to feel like a trout rod, actually bend, and cast nicely inside of 40’. Im intrigued by the new G series. But if I’m throwing a big salmon fly dry in the wind does it have the...
  13. Creatch’r

    6wts

    I’m on my way to alaska right now and I’ll be back around first week of Feb. I’d love to meet up and cast that rod I can send you a PM when it’s getting closer
  14. Creatch’r

    6wts

    The 905 is sick. It’s about as fast as I’d ever want a 5wt to be and still has feel to it. I feel like the 906 might be just as money but it’s always hard to know how different models compare. Thanks for the feedback from a real user and not a paid review online lol. It’s definitely high on my...
  15. Creatch’r

    6wts

    I guess that’s one company I don’t own anything from. I’ll have to find one to cast
  16. Creatch’r

    6wts

    I’ve never fished a Helios 6wt but have heard good things. I’ve fished the 9 and 10wt briefly on a guided trip and liked them a lot. My only gripe is the white band but if I loved the rod I’d get over it
  17. Creatch’r

    Tightline/ESN Rod suggestions please

    I’m legitimately laughing out loud.
  18. Creatch’r

    6wts

    I want to add another 9’ 6wt to my arsenal. Something that isn’t ultra fast and has a little feel and would be at home throwing large foam dries on a windy western freestone or tail water from a drift boat and could pull double duty with a streamer line. I have a 905 centric and am considering a...
Back
Top