Search results

  1. Creatch’r

    River Coho Thread 2024

    I’m still fishing for cutthroat, I haven’t targeted coho yet. But they sure have a thing for swimming out of their way to kill size 8 yellow wooly buggers. That fly may need to be retired as a cutthroat fly at this rate.
  2. Creatch’r

    Non-Fly Dirtbag river Coho '24'

    Heavier is better IMO. Better hook sets, more backbone when you need it, handles heavier weighted lures. My two favorite spin rods are rated 8-17# and 10-20# respectively. I don’t see a reason to go lighter IMHO
  3. Creatch’r

    Best Scissors?

    Man yall don’t know want to see my tying scissors 😂 id like to know how many thousands of flies I’ve tied with my Dr Slicks with the bent tips and butterknife blades. Actually thinking about it, all my tying tools are absolutely hammered
  4. Creatch’r

    NFR F-150 owners ?

    My wife got in a nasty collision on our local two lane highway that totaled her SUV when a car pulled off the shoulder into her as she was going 60. Her car braked before she could react and could have something to do with both her and my daughter walking away without a scratch. I also find...
  5. Creatch’r

    Cutty time

    Yellow bugger meets yellow fin. Some very nice sized fish around. It’s been fun.
  6. Creatch’r

    What's Catching You Fish?

    Another one bites the dust. Orange skittering bugs have been having a real hard time making it safely across the river lately but they keep trying.
  7. Creatch’r

    Tuna 2024

    Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe that dish pictured above is called the Captain’s Splatter.
  8. Creatch’r

    Edge Fly Rods mini review

    Has anyone ever seen Scadden, Edge and Pro loks in the same room before? LOLOLOL
  9. Creatch’r

    Cutty time

    I’ve seen resi rainbows like that but if that’s all coastal cutt that’s incredible.
  10. Creatch’r

    Cutty time

    That’s an absolute unit right there. That’s the type of slab I’d be making a replica mount of for the fireplace 😂
  11. Creatch’r

    Bad outing for FlyFish Dan

    Why are we talking about fighting steelhead with spey rods? Whether it’s a 10’ 3wt or a 16’ 10wt neither are hooking any fish. Resource protected.
  12. Creatch’r

    If you can't catch em', join em'

    Screw the fish imagine how many rods, reels and Hemostats you’ll find
  13. Creatch’r

    If you can't catch em', join em'

    Tail outs could be a thread of their own. Overlooked? Misunderstood? Hard to read? Probably a little of each. Yet big fish seem to like them.
  14. Creatch’r

    What's in your vise?

    Maybe tie a whole pack of flashabou 36” up the leader to simulate the flasher? The trusty 6wt might not cut it however.
  15. Creatch’r

    Cutty time

    A flashy bead head rolled muddler found a dandy.
  16. Creatch’r

    Cutty time

    Opportunity may be limited but it isn’t non existent unless you know something I do not.
  17. Creatch’r

    Cutty time

    Before I tie on a reverse spider I loop the line through the eye and pinch it in my hand and dunk the fly under water for a few seconds and drag it around, with the hackle wet and slicked back it’s easier to finish the knot without capturing any hackle accidentally. I prefer a non slip mono loop...
  18. Creatch’r

    Non-Fly Dirtbag river Coho '24'

    Top left definitely puts the hurt on em on your local waters Shad.
  19. Creatch’r

    Non-Fly Dirtbag river Coho '24'

    Beads rule. There are few things more gratifying then draining bobbers with a stupid little bead at the same rate as the guys who have pink splotched waders and triple secret roe cures they swear by. Good roe is pretty badass stuff I admire the dedication to the craft, but I’m not making it. I’m...
  20. Creatch’r

    Cutty time

    Depends on the watershed, SRC timing is unique to each basin. There are SRC to be found for sure in the larger PS rivers right now. More then anything the recent rain and bump in flows worked its magic by dropping water temps significantly which I’m sure made for happy fish. Cutthroat should be...
Back
Top