Search results

  1. Merle

    Curious. Best integrated spey line?

    I have an older Beulah Elixir 6/7 integrated line that I love on my Rainshadow 6wt switch rod. I’ve tried to get more but they no longer offer the Elixir (or Tonic) in an integrated line, only as heads. The Elixir is a scandi line, Tonic is a skagit. I wish there were more integrated lines...
  2. Merle

    What's in your vise?

    Both of those are spot on, nice work!
  3. Merle

    Yellowjacket equinox

    Is the Filpronil that you use just the topical Flea and tick drops for dogs, or a different product?
  4. Merle

    Non-Fly trout?

    In that same vein, my go to lake trolling set up for non-fly folks is a wedding ring spinner, but instead of tipping the hook with bait, run a small nymph, Carey fly or hair leech about 24” behind the lure. Edit- just checked my spinning rod upstairs to refresh my memory of the set up. Looks...
  5. Merle

    *lol* Gemini is good at cliche.

    I love the theme of the story, but yeah, it's a bit "cluttered" with descriptive details. There's a fine line in writing between painting a scene with words and over-doing it.
  6. Merle

    Floating the Yakima

    Some folks bring a frisbee to use as a paddle if you need to move quickly or change directions.
  7. Merle

    Float trip heat

    The only thing I would add is one of those lightweight UV Buff neck gaiters. Those are great because you can soak it in the river to get it wet, then pull it on and it will cool your neck and head.
  8. Merle

    Steffen 9wt glass gets bent down under. Day 2 added.

    Very Cool! What species is the first fish?
  9. Merle

    Personal Health?

    Like Stonefish I gave up all alcohol about 4 years ago and that's been the best for my health. Blood pressure dropped magically back to healthy levels and the sleep is so much better and restorative now. But it sure wasn't easy and I count myself lucky that I was able to do it on my own. Oh...
  10. Merle

    NFR Rats.... @#$%ing rats.

    You can add a few cups of that pink RV water system anti-freeze to the water. It has a bit of an embalming effect on the carcasses. You still gotta check and empty it regularly though. But I think it helps with the stink.
  11. Merle

    New shirts and stuff

    LOL... Love the humpy shirt. Any chance of getting long sleeve Tees in the future? thanks Evan for doing this!
  12. Merle

    Yellowjacket equinox

    Same here out in Buckley. I usually put up three WHY traps in May to try to catch the queens but all three traps so far are empty. I wonder if the cold snap this winter really hammered the local population. I'm definitely not complaining through. And yes the paper wasps sure are docile, you...
  13. Merle

    Help me extend my seat base (make it taller)

    I think your plan for the splice is good. My only worry would be getting the splice pipe to have a snug fit into your existing pipes. From your photo it looks like the OD is 2.75 + 1/16" or 1/32", with ~1/8" wall thickness. Do you have calipers and can get a solid accurate measurement of the...
  14. Merle

    The Ohuhu stove

    Thanks Ive. I really enjoy your gear reviews. Do you have a link for the evaporative cooler you're using?
  15. Merle

    Tokul Summer Runs?

    What the heck is this? The main stem river is closed to summer runs but they’re opening up that short stretch of Tokul for a June July summer run fishery? I don’t recall Tokul ever being open for summer runs. Why not open the Snoqualmie if the Chinook are safe?
  16. Merle

    Welding Repair?

    yeah it's pretty far gone, but you could probably sand off the rust and get down to some weldable steel underneath, then fab an L shaped bracket to go on the back side to tie the two together.
  17. Merle

    Voyage to Saint Brendan's Island (Mauritius - April 2025)

    Amazing adventure and fabulous conveying of the stories of the fish. Well done!
  18. Merle

    Travel Trailers

    Same here. I currently really dig the Sherpa Trailers out of Libby MT. I like their Bigfoot model.
  19. Merle

    Voyage to Saint Brendan's Island (Mauritius - April 2025)

    Oh wow, this is awesome... thanks Dime!
  20. Merle

    got the trigger finger

    I got it last year, at least I think it was trigger finger aka pitchers finger. I was making the bed and stretching one corner if the fitted sheet very aggressively down over the mattress and felt a pop in my left middle finger. There was no pain, but I could no longer straighten the tip of...
Back
Top