Search results

  1. Merle

    How many rods have you broken?

    I had to think back over the years for this one, but likely half a dozen or so. First was in high school, I fished a lot with one of those old inflatable Sevylor rafts that I'd fold up and keep in the trunk of the car. One day after fishing I was trying to fold up the deflated raft and...
  2. Merle

    What's in your vise?

    #4 Bozo Craft Fur Clouser When you’re fishing for Silvers but secretly hoping a Humpy might climb on 🙂
  3. Merle

    Driftwood for home decor.

    I had the same thought after reading that!
  4. Merle

    Puget Sound

    I've hooked more than a few pinks immediately after the cast while the fly is sinking and I'm untangling all the Rio running line still left in my basket.
  5. Merle

    Puget Sound

    I'm far from an expert on catching pinks, but I definitely think they like a slower strip than coho. I have to remind myself to slow down and not go too fast.
  6. Merle

    Deals at online Retailers

    Score! Just ordered my first 12wt. Just in case I ever get out after Tuna.
  7. Merle

    What's Catching You Fish?

    Nice Nice! What size are you using? #10?
  8. Merle

    What's in your vise?

    This oughta catch a Pinkerton or two. Daiichi 2546 size 4 5/32” Real Eyes Hot pink Craft fur + pink KF tail Pearl flat braid Hot pink Craft fur + pink KF wing
  9. Merle

    2025 Tuna and Exotics

    Sorry I’m late to this one… what’s HW and GH?
  10. Merle

    Puget Sound

    Pinkasaurus Flonduhrysus :D
  11. Merle

    Gold Medal Performance at Waste of Time Olympics

    +1 on the Steve Probasco Night Leech! I’ve had some good days / nights in the basin lakes with it.
  12. Merle

    Sold Fly Fishing Books

    Zak beat me to it! Dave, I just sent you a PM, but you can disregard. thanks, andy
  13. Merle

    Yellowjacket equinox

    Agreed. But I think these traps can be helpful early in the season, to try to capture a queen that's out looking for a place to establish her colony. At least that's how I use them.
  14. Merle

    New shirts and stuff

    Same here, very impressed with the quality of the shirt and the graphics. Thanks Evan!
  15. Merle

    Gear Review Floating line for Hopper Dropper

    Bauer Rogue on a Sage XP - sweet set up!
  16. Merle

    Non-Fly trout?

    This piqued my curiosity so I went and found that they still make them, and they are still $10! https://www.rapala.com/us_en/countdown?childSku=us-CD01BTR What length would #9 correspond to, maybe 1" or 1.5"?
  17. Merle

    Gear Review Floating line for Hopper Dropper

    Not sure if they still have any left, but Sierra Trading had SA Mastery GPX floaters (in green color) for a long time. I grabbed several in 5 and 6 weights over the past year. Edit - just checked, they still have them in 4, 5 and 6 weight. $35.
  18. Merle

    DVD's: Spey Fishing for Steelhead and Saltwater Salmon on the Fly

    I have that John Hazel video, it's a good watch.
  19. Merle

    Wheel bearing protectors flying off

    I've never used them, but was curious about how they are installed. I found this video: So it appears they are just pressed in and you have to select the size to match the actual ID of your hub. Do you have digital calipers and can get a solid measurement of your hub ID?
  20. Merle

    Yellowjacket equinox

    Also paper wasps fly relatively slowly compared to yellow jackets, and the have long dangly legs you can see when flying. They're also (usually) pretty docile and not prone to making trouble. Usually.
Back
Top