Search results

  1. Merle

    The 2025 NFL Season Discussion

    Last time was awesome...
  2. Merle

    Classic reel recommendations (3/4wt)

    Yes! The LP Lite ones are true spring pawls, whereas the LPs are a disc drag with a clicker noise maker. Both great reels but the Lite is probably what you’re after.
  3. Merle

    Annual favorite fish of the year thread.

    I didn't catch a lot this year, a few on the yak and a few in MT. I think I've even been skunked on anadromous fish this year (so far). But I had a good week in Winthrop thanks to some guidance and intel from one of our still water masters @Starman77 . I was able to get a few on Rex's water...
  4. Merle

    Getting started with fly tying

    Very Cool @SculpinSwinger !
  5. Merle

    A new world record... my favorite driving band

    Long ago I bought the CD soundtrack to The Good The Bad and the Ugly movie and kept in the the car for road trips. A few times when going to fish the Grand Ronde I would cue up this track once I got about half way down the Hwy 123 Rattlesnake grade. It was perfect for scenery and the building...
  6. Merle

    What's in your vise?

    Working in small baitfish patterns for SRC. This one came out just a bit over 2” long. TMC 9394 size #6 Black thread 1/8” Real Eyes Pearl flat braid Red thread gills White Craft Fur Pearl Kreelex Silver Kreelex Baitfish colored Angel Hair topping
  7. Merle

    A new world record... my favorite driving band

    You can still listen to them at: https://robinandmaynard.net/ They have a ton off material, including the Roy Otis educational film strips.
  8. Merle

    A new world record... my favorite driving band

    Get some "Seattle's Best Rock" stickers at the Squire Shop with a new pair of Brittania jeans, then listen to Robin and Maynard on the drive home. Good times.
  9. Merle

    Fly Lines for Switch rods ?

    Years ago I built a Rainshadow 6wt / 10'8" that cast wonderfully with an 8 weight Rio Oubound. I took it out on a lark not expecting it to work but it was just bombing the line out there. (I believe it was the older 37' OB not the OBS.) With that set up I was able to teach myself to do all...
  10. Merle

    Puget Sound

    Someone showed me that trick at Chico many years ago and it does work! I related it in a thread last year here and everyone said I was crazy and that the fish would bite the rod tip off. But that’s never happened.
  11. Merle

    Deals at online Retailers

    I didn’t know they had! Where is it?
  12. Merle

    Ice fog fishing on a N. central WA lake 10/30/2025

    I've come full circle and am now back to using a float tube for lake fishing, for all the same reasons. I upgraded from a float tube to a really nice Outcast Pac800 pontoon, which I loved, but couldn't get used to propelling it with fins and using the oars occupied my hands such that I missed a...
  13. Merle

    What's in your vise?

    Is that a Doc Spratley variation? Looks like it would slay on Opening Day stockers!
  14. Merle

    What's in your vise?

    Wow @Zak I really like this one. Can you share the recipe?
  15. Merle

    NFR Metal supplier?

    For knife-making and other DIY projects, I've bought a lot of steel from Online Metals: https://www.onlinemetals.com/?gad_source=1&gad_campaignid=6502026653&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhIzn_afWkAMVxR-tBh3SYwLcEAAYASAAEgIPGPD_BwE You can sort by size, shape, alloy etc... they usually have what I need...
  16. Merle

    Very sad day…..

    Sorry to hear that Steve. Hope things go as well as they possibly can from here forward.
  17. Merle

    My first blacktail

    Nice job! That is a heck of a blacktail!
  18. Merle

    What's in your vise?

    Loving that last one!
  19. Merle

    First Steel

    Congrats man, nice work!
Back
Top