Search results

  1. Merle

    Yellow perch…

    Need to organize a PNWFF fish fry! Set up a camp kitchen at Quincy, then everybody goes out, gets as many fat perch as possible and have a deep fried feast.
  2. Merle

    NFR Dogs With Food Allergies?

    also got a chuckle out of this on Reddit recently
  3. Merle

    NFR Dogs With Food Allergies?

    Our dog has had some horrific bouts with diarrhea over the years. The kind that has had me up and awake for 24 hours straight doing multiple loads of laundry with windows open trying to de-odorize the house, afraid to go to sleep lest I miss another accident. And one time an uncontrolled shart...
  4. Merle

    Seeger watch

    So, from west to east, does the chain go Nunnally - Merry - Bobby - Lenice? Or do I have Merry and Bobby backwards?
  5. Merle

    Annual License fees 2026-2027

    Didn't we used to have a special something or other for fishing the Columbia tribs a few years ago? Maybe it was just a separate punch card you had to get. I got my license yesterday and saw the CRSSE, but didn't realize it was actually a new fee. I just thought it was a new acronym.
  6. Merle

    What's in your vise?

    Looks good otherwise! Would love to see your rendition of a Grand Ronde River Rat sometime, I always dug that pattern.
  7. Merle

    Bad cold or something viral

    Yeah, there was a bad cold going around this year. I had it in December and haven't had a cold that bad in at least 10 years, it hung on for a while and finished up with that chest congestion. Did the home test for Covid and it was negative. And there was no fever or anything, I think it...
  8. Merle

    Very sad day…..

    I learned that trick watching an episode of the Rockford Files, and used to use it on my old Mustang when I parked it in an area where I thought it might get stolen. :D
  9. Merle

    Lunch on the water!

    Wow Bill, you really get around! Do any fishing while you're over there?
  10. Merle

    Brisket secrets

    I have that same smoker Bill. I always struggled to get it to stay at a constant temp of 225-ish. It was always a roller coaster and just a tiny tiny adjustment of the flame would send it skyrocketing or plummeting as the wood burned more or less and contributed to the heat. I’m eager to...
  11. Merle

    What's in your vise?

    Oh man that's a tasty looking damsel nymph! At least I'm assuming that's a damsel fly. Should be a great searcher pattern as well!
  12. Merle

    NFR Superb Owl 2026: Seahawks vs Patriots (official thread)

    Couple rib racks for the game. Tried to time them for the 3:30 kick off but we were done eating just at as they did the coin flip. Will hit the 2nd rack at halftime!
  13. Merle

    What's in your vise?

    Nice. This one has always been one of my favorites. Years ago I came up with a slight variation that used fluorescent red floss over a silver tinsel base to really pop, and added some hot pink Krystal flash, I called it the “Runaway Coal Car” and it caught a few Grand Ronde fish. Your version...
  14. Merle

    Turle Knot

    I use the version that John Hazel demonstrates in his Steelhead fishing video. Not sure if that’s the real Turle but it’s pretty simple and once I saw it I started using it all the time. Until I learned the non-slip mono loop and now I use that.
  15. Merle

    Wanted Starter Set-up for 18 YO

    Was going to say the same thing. Maybe upgrade the flyline that comes with it, but both the rod and reel in the Lift kit are solid.
  16. Merle

    What's in your vise?

    Love those! What are the materials used?
  17. Merle

    Merry Christmas to all!

    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone here on PNWFF! While I’ve not actually met most of you in person, this virtual community has brought me a wealth of fraternity and fellowship on an almost daily basis. While I don’t post as much as some do, without fail, the gentlemen (and...
  18. Merle

    Nymphing and Dry Fly General Purpose Trout Fly Rod

    I'd second this. I once was told to stick to the even weights (4, 6, 8) or the odd weights (5, 7, 9) when first building your rod arsenal. Believe me you will fill in the blanks later if you're like most of us :D The Redington CT is tough to beat. My only other recommendation for a trout...
Back
Top