Search results

  1. Merle

    SFR Losing Interest

    A lot of these comments resonate with me. My passion for fishing has always waxed and waned, I'll get really into a certain fishery and do it as much as possible, and then my passion for a different activity will pick up and I'll focus on that for a while. I've always had two major passions in...
  2. Merle

    Solo fishing

    I remember those! One of the stories once was about a guy in a float tube who got attacked by a beaver while fishing. It bit him on the calf underwater. I think about that story every time I take the tube out.
  3. Merle

    Horsefly Strain Rainbow

    I wonder if they’d do well in Ross Lake, which is full of those red sided shiners. I don’t know what strain of rainbows are in Ross currently, but they seem to be thriving on the shiners. It was a fun fishery the couple times I got to do it. Plus to @salmog’s point, Ross is further north and...
  4. Merle

    SBS - Pine Squirrel Bugger

    Outstanding SBS, thanks Mike!
  5. Merle

    What's Catching You Fish?

    Hell yeah, trevally off the beach! I was able to get a similar sized one (blue fin) a few years back. Those guys put a nice bend in an 8wt! Edit- I think mine was smaller. You got a nice one! Edit 2 - since we’re in the “what’s catching you fish” thread, it was one of the streamers in the...
  6. Merle

    New Tools/Apps from your PNW crew - Time to test!

    Wow, tried both, very cool Evan. thanks, andy
  7. Merle

    What's in your vise?

    Nice, very nymphy and buggy. That little guy should absolutely slay the opening day stockers on a west side lake in late April!
  8. Merle

    Pucker up

    LOL...One of the greatest episodes ever, but not where I got my moniker... :D
  9. Merle

    What's in your vise?

    Very nice. Probably my second favorite all time pattern, behind the Coal Car. I got my first (on the fly) steelhead on a Signal Light. What are you using for the wing? Is that just dyed black calf tail?
  10. Merle

    Pucker up

    Except it doesn't. That's the strange part. He's got a 2001 F-150, I've got a 2006 Silverado 1500. Both 1/2 Ton trucks. In fact the official GVWR on mine is a tad higher. Weird.
  11. Merle

    Pucker up

    Same breakdown as me except mine was 110 where yours is 140. 2006 Silverado 1/2T. Not sure why it’s $30 different.
  12. Merle

    Pucker up

    I think it's the gross weight fees that are driving up the cost. @Rob Allen said it's for a truck. For fun I just checked online for my 2006 1/2T Silverado, and looks like it's going to be $137 total this year, $120 of that is Gross Weight fees. If Rob's got a heavy 3/4 or 1T, I can see it...
  13. Merle

    WDFW Digital license

    I opted for the paper version this year, in order to wait and see how the digital version works out for folks. I didn’t like the fact that you had to choose one OR the other.
  14. Merle

    New boat project?

    I saw it on Reddit this morning, very cool and would be a fun project for sure.
  15. Merle

    Wanted 4wt, 5wt, or 6wt blank

    Those rods are SWEET... I built the 6 and 7 weight switches. Highly recommend!
  16. Merle

    Official Beach Line Thread

    Interesting.... Head length looks to be identical to the OBS (9.3m = 30') but the weights are even heavier than the OBS. 247 grains for the 6 weight and 278 grains for the 7. (My notes say the OBS is 235 gr for the 6 and 265 gr for the 7).
  17. Merle

    Yellow perch…

    What would the best flies / methods be if one were to intentionally target perch in the basin lakes? I’m thinking a small jig type minnow imitation under and indicator, twitched back? Or maybe a similar minnow imitation on a clear intermediate (or deeper sink) stripped back. Are these...
Back
Top