Search results

  1. Merle

    NFR New wildfires popping up on a daily basis!

    https://cliffmass.blogspot.com/2026/06/wind-and-wildfire.html
  2. Merle

    Best outfit for tactical crabbing?

    https://komonews.com/news/local/wdfw-officer-spots-couple-hiding-live-dungeness-crab-in-jacket-hood-clothing-on-tokeland-tidelands-undersized-regulations
  3. Merle

    How many fly reels do I need?

    I just consulted the Excel file I use to keep track of all my gear. I counted 35 flyreels total. (I didn’t count all the extra spools.) :eek:
  4. Merle

    Grips you like and don’t like..

    The IMX rods in the 90's had (I think) what was called a "Western" grip. To me it just looked like a 1/2 wells, but maybe there was something different about it. More of a contour maybe. I always thought those were good looking grips on trout rods.
  5. Merle

    Grant County Bad Driver Shaming

    That is awesome, a Soap Lake hottie caught in the wild. SLPD = Soap Lake Police Dept? I can't believe Soap lake is big enough to have their own PD. And what's MACC?
  6. Merle

    My 5 Year Report

    Great report and welcome back to the PNW. The fishing there looks like great fun, and I loved your boat. What kind was it? It looks like it could've been a great Puget Sound saltwater flyfishing platform too.
  7. Merle

    Favorite Sage Fly Rod

    I think the Z-Axis probably, I have it in a few weights. But also picked up a 486 DS2 last year and was really impressed with how it felt, especially on smaller streams.
  8. Merle

    NFR Queens are out and about

    I didn't want to poison any local wildlife (cats, possums or racoons) and I knew the aroma of an open can of tuna might lure them in. So I put the crate over it to keep out the bigger visitors and only let the yellow jackets in to access the Filpronil seasoned meat.
  9. Merle

    NFR Queens are out and about

    I had no luck catching queens so far, but got zapped by a worker out at the woodshed the other day. I noticed a few buzzing around today so I got excited to try Evan’s Filpronil & tuna method. Hope it works!
  10. Merle

    What's in your vise?

    Love that 2nd one (the olive red head)!
  11. Merle

    The loss of my close friend and family

    Well said Paige. Same for me but am sincerely sorry for your loss Jerry.
  12. Merle

    SFR Sears, Roebuck and Co

    Growing up I wore them, and at the time hated them because they weren’t “cool” like what some other richer kids wore. But now I would love to have a pair as work outside pants because they had that super-reinforced knee area. I always wear out the knees of my work jeans from gardening...
  13. Merle

    Iveofione - ?

    I was wondering about him too the other day. Glad to hear he's all good.
  14. Merle

    Go To Stillwater Floater/Indicator Line

    I bought a LOT of the discontinued SA GPX lines in 4, 5 and 6 weight off Sierra Trading since they had such a good deal on them for so long. They might still have some. Not sure if it would be the best specialty indicator line but for just general floating use they're a good deal. Update: I...
  15. Merle

    New page to help anglers new to fly fishing in Washington

    That looks great Evan. I'm not even close to being a newbie anymore, but I think I'll find this resource helpful. thanks, andy
  16. Merle

    SFR Sears, Roebuck and Co

    I bought my first real mattress from the Surplus / Returns department in the basement of the old Sears on Lander. Would've been in around 1992. It was for a homemade bed I built for my first place. As I kid I used to pore over the "Fun-Karts" section of the Sears catalog, daydreaming about a...
  17. Merle

    DIY driveway gate opener

    I've never actually built one, but once years ago I was looking at a property and started designing a system in my head for it if the sale went thru. I ended up not getting the place, but the systems I was looking at was called Mighty Mule...
  18. Merle

    N. Idaho

    Outstanding!
  19. Merle

    Disrespectful attitudes towards wildlife.

    I first saw it posted on Reddit and it did actually show some locals giving the guy a beatdown at the end. But the way the clip was edited I think it may have been fake.
  20. Merle

    SOLD Orvis Rods and Reels

    It was a good deal for some nice reels. I was tempted but I need another reel like I need a hole in the head.
Back
Top