Search results

  1. Merle

    What's in your vise?

    Oh wow, that one's very fishy Tom! Looks like it would be a great fall steelhead fly on the GR too, maybe in a size #8.
  2. Merle

    NFR And So Touron Season Begins . . .

    I read the article and was shocked that the recommended minimum distance to a bison was a mere 25 yards. That seems way too close.
  3. Merle

    Grimes Lake

    I figured the lake would still be open, there’s just no easy access. Maybe Orvis can get a float plane guide service going. 😃
  4. Merle

    Carbon River Bridge Closed

    That’s the alternate route that’s been set up for residents south of the bridge as well as first responders. It goes thru the private Hancock Timber company land. So it’s only open to select few, not a general public access. This really hurts, so much public area is now cut off from access...
  5. Merle

    Grimes Lake

    I'm mad about it too, Pat, and I've never even fished there! I guess it's because I always planned to someday. But if they did gate it and not renew the lease, can we assume that Witt Farms would still allow trespassing on foot to walk in? We'd still be covering the same private property...
  6. Merle

    Grimes Lake

    Oh if I lived closer I would for sure. But I'm over here on the wetside. I've been to Grimes exactly one time and that was just to check it out, we didn't even fish that day. But it's always been on my mental short list of places to go, so this thread piqued my interest. Plus I just love...
  7. Merle

    Grimes Lake

    I checked it out in Google Earth as well, to see what that existing back road looks like. I was able to spin and angle the view to get a feel for the terrain and elevation change. It looks pretty do-able, but stuff always looks easier in the view from way above than in real life on the ground...
  8. Merle

    Grimes Lake

    This is my understanding of the situation, Grimes Road cuts across Witte Farms LLC property to get from Jameson Lake Road to the BLM property and WDFW access site. This is the property for which the lease is not renewed, they must not have ever signed a permanent easement with the state for...
Back
Top