Search results

  1. chief

    Show us your go to “Happy Place”

    Won’t be long until the trails are clear.
  2. chief

    SOLD - Sage LL fly rod - 4711-2 - 7'11" 2 Piece 4wt

    Updated listing
  3. chief

    Quincy Lake 3/24-25

    My wife and I fished Quincy for a couple of hours in the morning on March 21st, and it was dead. We moved to Burke at lunchtime and fished it for the afternoon. I landed 5 fish in about three hours. My wife got 2. All really nice holdover fish 16”-21”. The bank guys weren’t doing well. They all...
  4. chief

    Rod repair costs

    I kind of agree with others who have posted. It seems like they are reneging on a promise made when they sold the rods with a lifetime warranty, even if it was 30 years ago. I think a better move would be to apply a new warranty policy to new rods being introduced that protects them from having...
  5. chief

    SOLD - Sage LL fly rod - 4711-2 - 7'11" 2 Piece 4wt

    SOLD - Sage LL fly rod that hasn't been seeing much use the past few years. The LL series has a well-deserved following for their sweet moderate action. I just have too many rods.... Sage LL 4711-2 7'11" 4wt, two piece in good used condition - $500 shipped to lower 48
  6. chief

    The Revolutionary Sage R8

    Loomis has been selling the Asquith for over $1,000 for several years. I don’t remember such a huge outcry when that rod was introduced. Nobody is forcing you to buy an R8. Personally, I wish I had a fly shop nearby so I could see for myself if the juice is worth the squeeze. I didn't think...
  7. chief

    Quincy Lakes ice report

    Wind direction may make a difference pushing the remaining ice raft around?
  8. chief

    Quincy Lakes ice report

    I took a look on my way through earlier today and here is what I found: Stan Coffin Lake - ice free Quincy Lake - 100% iced over Burke Lake - West end is ice free, about 50% still iced over to the East. Dusty Lake - ice free
  9. chief

    Wanted Ross San Miguel 5/6 Reel or Spare Spool

    Let me know what you have.
  10. chief

    What's in your vise?

    I keep those a secret. :cool:
  11. chief

    stoke - pics that make you wish you were there?

    Spring Fall Winter - Ugh....
  12. chief

    What's in your vise?

    Just finished filling a new lake box for spring.
  13. chief

    SFR Chickens..

    We have 14 of them. They are my wife’s project, so she takes care of them. But they are pretty entertaining and the fresh eggs are great.
  14. chief

    Favorite tippet/leader material?

    In my tackle bag I have Rio, Seaguar, SA, Maxima, and Orvis. Mostly Flouro, but a couple spools of mono for dries. I guess I am not set on one brand, but more of the spools are Rio than the others...... I don't find there to be a huge difference from one to another.....
  15. chief

    Wanting to go again (Belize)

    My wife and I fished Belize a few years ago. We stayed at a regular resort near San Pedro on Ambergris Caye and fished with Wil Flack, the owner Tres Pescados Fly Shop. It was the best of both worlds for us. Wil would pick us up in the morning at the resort's dock, we would fish most of the day...
  16. chief

    Favorite Fly Shops

    When I lived in Portland there were 4 fly shops that I could visit, and they all had friendly knowledgeable staffs. It was nice to be able to see and touch products prior to purchasing. Especially fly tying materials. Now, living at least 2 hours from the closest shop, I need to do most of my...
  17. chief

    Is my thought process off (Jurassic Lake)?

    I would like to go there some day, but I agree, it does appear to be a little one dimensional. I will probably continue to favor tropical locations for most of my destination fishing. There is usually a lot more variety of species, and the weather is typically hot with a nice breeze.
  18. chief

    Welcome Stillwater Strategists

    Just joined this new (to me) forum. I have always favored the lakes sub-forum on the other site. Glad to see the "talent" is still around.
Back
Top