Search results

  1. chief

    SOLD Simms Woman's G3 Guide Waders - Size Medium 8/9

    SOLD - These waders have been worn twice. My wife decided they are too big for her. No leaks or blemishes. They retail for $749. Selling for $450 $425 including shipping to the lower 48. I will take PayPal or Venmo, or cash if you want to pick them up in Winthrop and get in some fishing while...
  2. chief

    Wanted BOUGHT Fish Cat 4 Float Tube

    I sent it.
  3. chief

    Wanted BOUGHT Fish Cat 4 Float Tube

    My sister is selling a Creek Company ODC 420 float tube that belonged to her husband who passed away. I don't think it was ever used. It is very similar to the Fish cat 4. She lives in Portland. I can get you her contact info if you are interested. She sent me this photo to ask me what it was.
  4. chief

    FS Selling off some Fly Rods and Gear

    It just says X. Maybe the predecessor to those?
  5. chief

    FS Selling off some Fly Rods and Gear

    My sister's husband passed away and I am helping her sell some of his fishing gear. All prices include shipping to the lower 48. I will try and post some photos, but assume that everything is in good used condition with factory sock and tube unless noted. Rods: Redington RS3 - 9' 10wt 4pc -...
  6. chief

    Got any bird pics?

    Another from the game cam.
  7. chief

    Fishing over spooky, pressured, or otherwise well-educated carp.

    I don't have an answer for this. My experience is more in line with your previous seasons. But I would think if increased pressure was causing this behavior, they would be more wary of the approach and bug out when they detected someone coming close. It is odd that the fly is what is causing...
  8. chief

    Fishing over spooky, pressured, or otherwise well-educated carp.

    I have not seen this behavior very often. I have seen refusals where they obviously see the fly and don’t eat, and sometimes I see cruisers that I don’t expect to eat act this way. But rarely have I seen feeding fish that run from a meal. That is weird. I can’t imagine that even with more...
  9. chief

    Fishing over spooky, pressured, or otherwise well-educated carp.

    I haven't noticed that the carp are that much spookier where I fish for them (I am guessing you are fishing the areas closer to PDX, and I am fishing out past Biggs), but the last couple of years have been tougher. Water levels and weeds have been presenting challenges, and I am seeing worn...
  10. chief

    Official 2025 CARP (and Capr) thread

    Washington changed their regs last year and now require a license for carp.
  11. chief

    Zoleo vs InReach vs new Satellite Cell Phones

    I have a Zoleo that I use for hiking in the back country and it works as advertised. Most of the functionality is through your smartphone, but you can send check-ins and SOS messages directly from the unit if your phone were to die. I just use the Basic plan which gives you 75 satellite messages...
  12. chief

    Bonefish line suggestions please

    This is true. Although I use a saltwater specific line when targeting bonefish in tropical locales (probably because the manufacturers convinced me I need one), my carp reel has a regular freshwater line, and it works just fine under basically the same conditions (minus the salt) around here in...
  13. chief

    Carp Guide??

    This is good advice. The fish in the spot you describe are likely bad targets. From my experience, if that is the case, you can change flies all day long, and you still won't catch them. Move on to a different area and look for fish with the posture Evan describes. Close to the bottom, heads...
  14. chief

    Advice on finding quality fishing partners

    When our daughters were that age, we made a game of adding the words "dumb ass" (using our internal voice) to every sentence they said to us. Try it. It will make you feel better...... Example: Hey honey, what time is your soccer game tomorrow? It's at 2pm.... dumb ass.
  15. chief

    Giant Trevally Fly Line?

    A friend just sent me this book. I have only thumbed through it, but it appears to be a pretty thorough write up on the subject.
  16. chief

    SOLD Simms Challenger 7" Deck Boots - Size 13 - Slate

    SOLD - New in Box. Never been worn. Color Slate. Size 13. Retail price is $129. Selling for $90 $80 including shipping to lower 48. Prefer PayPal or Venmo.
  17. chief

    Giant Trevally Fly Line?

    I think this pretty much covers it. On our trip this past November ( my 15th? visit to the island) we had a similar experience. Some years several big GTs have been landed. This year no one landed one over 10lbs. But everyone saw a few of the big GTs, and most of us had some shots, but the...
  18. chief

    Nymphing . . Hook set

    This video might have some ideas that you can apply:
Back
Top