Search results

  1. chief

    Budget 4wt shorty recs?

    I am sorry you took this as a personal afront. I was just echoing back the words you were writing and the concerns you were expressing about the rods in question. Why do you want an 8' moderate action rod if you are concerned that it won't suit your casting style and ultimately won't help you...
  2. chief

    Budget 4wt shorty recs?

    I agree, a forty-foot cast with an 8' rod breaks down to this - rod 8', line 23', leader 9'. I don't know of any modern rod that can't cast 23' of fly line. Your concern about the rod not having enough power tells me you are not a good candidate for a moderate action rod. Look for something...
  3. chief

    Superglue

    I am involved in the BC FlyGuys chironomid fly swap and the pattern I am tying calls for Krazy Glue as the clear coat finish. So picked up a bottle with their brush on style applicator. I have never used Krazy Glue before, but the bottle has a wide opening and a nice brush. I like it so far.
  4. chief

    Chironomid Swap???

    I'll join if it's not too late. I pick the GMC (gun metal chironomid).
  5. chief

    FS Selling off some Fly Rods and Gear

    Sounds like I have it priced too high if it's that old. Reduced to $125.
  6. chief

    FS Selling off some Fly Rods and Gear

    Prices reduced
  7. chief

    Annual favorite fish of the year thread.

    I have two. We heard rumors of a nearby lake with chunky brook trout a so went exploring. We didn't catch many, but we found a few: We hiked into an alpine lake that tends to have decent size cutthroat and had a pretty good day catching 14"-15" fish, then I encountered this 18" surprise:
  8. chief

    GONE - SPF Fishing Shirts - Patagonia, Orvis - Size Large

    Bump one time before I take them to the local charity thrift store.
  9. chief

    GONE - SPF Fishing Shirts - Patagonia, Orvis - Size Large

    I have 5 fishing sun shirts that I no longer need. Four Patagonia crew neck and one Orvis 1/4 zip neck. Free to a good home. Just cover shipping cost.
  10. chief

    SFR What vest?

    I have always preferred mesh vests over solid material. They are lighter and don't absorb as much water in the rain. Whatever brand you are considering you might want to lean that direction.
  11. chief

    FS Selling off some Fly Rods and Gear

    Updated
  12. chief

    Ah. The new lighter, faster, more accurate Sage

    I am sure they are good rods, but Sage kind of lost their enamor for me. I am not sure why, but I haven't bought a Sage rod for years. When I was younger that was all I used. These days I find Scott, Hardy, and Douglas are the rods I grab for most of my fishing. Although I do still take a couple...
  13. chief

    FS Selling off some Fly Rods and Gear

    Updated
  14. chief

    Conservation easements

    We put some of our land into a conservation easement to preserve it from ever being developed. The easement allows for us to continue to use it for recreational purposes, and/or traditional uses, but no dwellings can be built. We still own the land. It is still private property. The easement...
Back
Top