Search results

  1. Islander

    Ice fog fishing on a N. central WA lake 10/30/2025

    Thanks for the report. Those are some healthy looking fish!
  2. Islander

    Lake hog….

    That’s a nice looking pig! Way to go!
  3. Islander

    West side lake action!

    Have one of these then!
  4. Islander

    West side lake action!

    Way to slay’em. You should celebrate with some Crown! 😁
  5. Islander

    A warm water lake and a coldwater lake combo trip.

    Great report and beautiful pictures!
  6. Islander

    Two Outings

    Glad you are out fishing again!
  7. Islander

    Ten Sleep Area Lakes

    Never a secret for me. Deeper fish were on a bead head semi-seal leach, I used the Camo Carey for everything in the middle of the water column, as it doesn’t sink as fast. I pretty much fish the same four bugs, my fly box for lakes is pretty small. 😆
  8. Islander

    Ten Sleep Area Lakes

    I’m a little delinquent in posting a report, but a couple weeks back I decided to fish some higher elevation lakes as the local water was still a bit warm. I had driven past Meadowlark Lake a few times and thought it might be worth a shot. It’s a put and take lake in the Big Horn mountains and...
  9. Islander

    SOLD Crestliner 1258 Outreach $2000

    My problem is I have no where to store it, maybe if I just kept it at the property! 😆
  10. Islander

    SOLD Crestliner 1258 Outreach $2000

    If I was closer………..
  11. Islander

    Hi-Lake Backpacking

    Great report and fabulous pics! Looks like a beautiful area with fun fishing!
  12. Islander

    I Rarely Fish Weekends………..

    Scott, I think A$$ Hole is two words. 😆
  13. Islander

    Wretched Mess in West Yellowstone

    Bummer, wish I had seen this sooner. Could have made a 2 or 3 day trip around it. Did anyone on the site attend?
  14. Islander

    I Rarely Fish Weekends………..

    Yes, slowly dropping. We’ve had about a week of much cooler nights. Should be optimal in a couple weeks, then things should really get going.
  15. Islander

    I Rarely Fish Weekends………..

    ….but glad I did. I finished my chores today around 11am and didn’t have any plans for the day. Checked the wind report (light until 2pm) and that familiar voice in my head said, “Go fish you crazy old man, what the hell else do you have to do!” So I packed up the boat and hit the local C&R...
  16. Islander

    Cows were lying down....

    I pass a fair amount of cattle on the way to just about everywhere I fish. I’ve never heard of the “cows laying down thing” but I’m definitely going to start making a mental note ( maybe even keep a log sheet). At the very least, start using as an excuse when I get skunked! 😆
  17. Islander

    "Ice water" Lake, 11 August 2025

    Excellent report and pictures. Catching fish, especially on dries in a lake, can make up for a lot of “surface noise”!
  18. Islander

    Retrieving balanced leeches in still water

    I tried fishing naked once, it just seemed to scare the fish away. On the plus side, no one came close and tried to steal my spot. 😆
  19. Islander

    Small Stillwater Opportunities in Montana

    That’s where I have stayed and fished, great area.
  20. Islander

    Sold Fly Fishing Books

    I’ll take The Waters of Yellowstone. PM me on how you prefer payment. Thanks, Steve
Back
Top