Search results

  1. Islander

    Redemption……return to “Heart Attack Lake”

    The cutties are pretty decent fighters also, but I’m sure the Kamloop trout were amazing. It’s all part of the Park’s mission to keep everything, or restore it back to, “letting nature do its thing”. They really screwed up some fisheries with rampant stocking of non-native fish in the early...
  2. Islander

    Redemption……return to “Heart Attack Lake”

    Yes, about ten years ago they culled all the rainbows out. I haven’t seen one in my five years of fishing it, but the Park’s regs still state that if you catch a rainbow out of there, you need to kill it and report it. It is a fertile little lake and was at one time used as a hatchery which is...
  3. Islander

    Redemption……return to “Heart Attack Lake”

    Once in a while I would see a surface splash, but it wasn’t very often so I didn’t try any dries. The grasshoppers were starting to get active on the trail and some areas on the shore. I might go back in a week or two and try some hopper action.
  4. Islander

    Redemption……return to “Heart Attack Lake”

    As some of you know I had an “interesting medical experience” while camping, hiking and fishing the Beartooth/Yellowstone area around this time last year. My one year check up was Tuesday and the doctors gave me a clean bill of health, so I figured what better way to celebrate than to go back...
  5. Islander

    NFR Kimber Ultra Carry 45

    If only it was a 9mm. 😁
  6. Islander

    "Icewater Lake", 11 August 2026

    Great report and beautiful pictures! Looks like a fabulous day, well, except for the hitchhiking leech! 🤪
  7. Islander

    A Quick Trip to “The Park”

    Fishing the channel between Lewis and Shoshone is on my list for this fall.
  8. Islander

    A Quick Trip to “The Park”

    Yes, the Cruzer has oars. It’s the smaller of the two models. I regret not getting the larger one with the better valves , but it wasn’t available anywhere when I bought mine.
  9. Islander

    A Quick Trip to “The Park”

    No Lake Trout. I most likely wasn’t fishing deep enough for those. One of these trips I’ll set up my “super deep” set up I use to use on Lake Crescent on the peninsula. There’s supposed to be some big’ns in there and the main lake.
  10. Islander

    A Quick Trip to “The Park”

    Yep, but the lakes are open! Thinking about hitting “Heart Attack Lake” next week.
  11. Islander

    A Quick Trip to “The Park”

    I woke up early this morning for some odd reason and while I was having my tea and trying to figure out what I should do with my extra time, that all familiar voice spoke to me again. So, I tossed the Cruzer and a 5wt in the truck and headed up the hill. One of the advantages of living in Cody...
  12. Islander

    shape-of-the-moon lake

    Looks like a great trip in a beautiful place!
  13. Islander

    Cant fix stupid!

    I feel bad for the guy, maybe he can make some money off of it somehow. Lots of stuff going around the internet.
  14. Islander

    Cant fix stupid!

    https://cowboystatedaily.com/2026/07/20/tourists-again-illegally-walk-on-dangerous-grand-prismatic-spring-in-yellowstone/?utm_source=Klaviyo&utm_medium=campaign&_kx=l8OPylhs8qQmn8UGxn6bM8EnSZa8_LbUC2sNVYofgBI.UXPtrV
  15. Islander

    Cant fix stupid!

    Yellowstone area and the Beartooth’s got a lot of early spring snow. The Beartooth highway opened fairly late this year and the Tourons are just now starting to arrive. I went up shortly after they got the highway plowed to get my Park fishing license and it wasn’t very busy. They’ll pump up the...
  16. Islander

    Cant fix stupid!

    It has begun! It’s that time of year again. https://cowboystatedaily.com/2026/06/08/unbelievably-stupid-tourist-charges-yellowstone-bison-herd/?utm_source=Klaviyo&utm_medium=campaign&_kx=l8OPylhs8qQmn8UGxn6bM8EnSZa8_LbUC2sNVYofgBI.UXPtrV
  17. Islander

    A Hidden Gem

    Great report! That lake just looks “fishy”!
  18. Islander

    A small N. central WA lake produces lots of small fish 5/7/2026

    Great report and beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing!
  19. Islander

    A wet-side lake produces a couple of big fish 4/30/2026

    Great report, thanks! Nice to see some “pigs” coming from the west side.
Back
Top