Search results

  1. S

    BC Fishing License adventure....

    I found Manitoba to be straight forward. They did away previous ID #’s so I had to start over. No problems, and I could buy 2 non Canadian resident fishing licenses for less than what I spend for my resident Oregon fishing license!
  2. S

    Coralroot orchids

    I hope Steve doesn’t mind the tangent. Gnomes
  3. S

    What is your favorite state/province/country to travel to for fishing?

    My favorite type of fishing is right here in Oregon. I am a fly swinging fool, steelhead and trout, plus a variety of bycatch - always blows me away that whitefish eat streamers. For travel it is hard to top Great Slave Lake Northwest Territories for the whole experience, plus fishing for...
  4. S

    Coralroot orchids

    The “ghost” I thought of, the phantom
  5. S

    Coralroot orchids

    I appreciate getting to relearn a little, and a little something new. Some grouping/subdividing and naming of plants has changed. The saprophytic plants are so varied and intriguing. I am also a big fan of the lily family. Thanks again Steve Evan
  6. S

    Sammamish Sturgeon?

    Atlantic Salmon
  7. S

    Coralroot orchids

    Steve, I don’t believe the last coralroot highlighted is a striped. I posted without clarification, it was meant to show another coralroot that is found locally. As well as the comment about albino specimens. Thanks for the in depth posts. Evan
  8. S

    Coralroot orchids

    My ex was a botany major, I learned while she learned. Plants Of The Pacific Northwest Washington, Oregon, British Columbia & Alaska Pojar/Mackinnon This was the field guide in the ‘90’s And the bible was the Jepson Manual https://ucjeps.berkeley.edu/eflora/
  9. S

    Favorite Sage Fly Rod

    I love my 7130 MOD and my 8100-3 RPL. If I could only keep one it would probably be the RPL, but not by much.
  10. S

    Butterflies and Moths

    A mid day moth, butterflies were numerous and plentiful It kept trying to get nectar out of my shirt!
  11. S

    NFR World Cup

    Much of what you do here is trolling, better practiced on the water.
  12. S

    Cedar River

    And especially slippery on long dry grass…
  13. S

    Cell Phone Pics

    Good day at the local ditch A couple black necked stilts above, we saw quite a few on our walk. Ruddy ducks, pie billed grebes with tiny ones in tow, ridiculous numbers of great blue herons, an egret, plenty of harriers, a couple lazuli buntings, purple martins, bald eagles…the 4 bitterns...
  14. S

    Backyard Wildlife

    No pictures because I didn’t want to miss a moment, and it felt like if I took out my phone to get a picture it would be gone. Grey Fox in my yard yesterday! I think It’s looking for the baby turkeys.
  15. S

    SFR Sears, Roebuck and Co

    Camping in Alaska with Sir Edmund Hillary, a Sears camping promotion.
Back
Top