Search results

  1. FishingGirl

    The Obligatory Pedal Kayak thread

    I fish with Leigh all the time out of our Hobie Compasses. I used to own a Tundra and would haul my kayak using a truck bed extender. Super easy to install, load and unload, etc. Here is the link to one brand for you to check out: https://www.boonedoxusa.com/product-page/classic-t-bone.
  2. FishingGirl

    What's Catching You Fish?

    This has been working for me in lakes recently too.
  3. FishingGirl

    Opinions on 9' 5wt rod for indicators on stillwaters

    As far as inexpensive but lighter rods go you cannot go wrong with an Orvis Clearwater. I have several of those and the Access rods, but the Access rods are a bit heavier. I normally fish a 5wt for floating lines and use a cortland 200gr line as it has a really short head and can shoot bigger...
  4. FishingGirl

    Taking kids fishing

    We can always use like-new gear to give to the kids: fly boxes, nippers, tying kits, boots, waders, and the list goes on. If you are interested in making donations, please send me a PM for details on how to do so.
  5. FishingGirl

    Taking kids fishing

    Trout are not a necessity. Any fish will do for us. We can travel within 30 minutes or so of the greater seattle area for regular projects. We are also doing a one-day event out of Tacoma this year too.
  6. FishingGirl

    Taking kids fishing

    I have contacted WDFW in the past about using a "kids-only" pond for our group but since at least one of the kids is over 16, I am not allowed to use it. All of the kids must be under 16 and that is not always the case with our groups. I do love all of your suggestions though! They could come in...
  7. FishingGirl

    Taking kids fishing

    It just so happens that I will be in Elma this weekend so I will go check out Vance Creek Ponds!
  8. FishingGirl

    Awesome Dogs of PNW

    Benji and Moose. Standard Poodles that will chase and/or eat anything. Therefore, not coming fishing with me!
  9. FishingGirl

    Taking kids fishing

    That is a bit too far for us but I will definitely keep it in mind. Thank you.
  10. FishingGirl

    The Obligatory Pedal Kayak thread

    Gonna join in, though a bit late to the game. I fish out of my Hobie Compass with Northern quite a bit. When I am trolling I tend to do it moving forward because I am afraid of running into something going backwards. I can't move my neck around as well as I'd like to be able to look over my...
  11. FishingGirl

    Taking kids fishing

    I will go take another look to see if there is back casting room. We went and checked out Trophy Lake and Golf today and it looks like it will work for what we need. Unfortunately, they have not stocked the ponds since COVID and there are no fish! If they stock this spring we can definitely take...
  12. FishingGirl

    Taking kids fishing

    This looks great! I may go check them out tomorrow. Thanks!!
  13. FishingGirl

    Taking kids fishing

    Please send me a PM so we can talk about how to help!
  14. FishingGirl

    Taking kids fishing

    Hello all. I work with a non-profit called The Mayfly Project. We mentor foster children through fly fishing. We teach them about conservation, caring for our local waters, fly-fishing, fly-tying and a ton more. What we struggle with the most is finding a safe place to take them fishing. We need...
  15. FishingGirl

    2022 Garden Thread

    I was so ready to plant last year and I think I got started too soon. Didn't have quite the growth I should have for my peppers or tomatoes, despite being in a greenhouse. Going to try to at least wait to put stuff out until after Mother's Day.
  16. FishingGirl

    Hypothetical question here....opinions?

    I'd probably blow it in the states. I just love the trout here! Montana, Wyoming, Colorado. Then I'd see the Catskills and just keep going!
  17. FishingGirl

    New Classifieds Requirement

    Great idea!
  18. FishingGirl

    2 mouth lake trout

    Cleft palate of the fish world.
Back
Top