Search results

  1. S

    Wanted Sage 504

    I have to report that I picked up a 505L from @Para_Adams ! - thank you! I probably wouldn’t pass up a non ported 504 in good condition.
  2. S

    Cell Phone Pics

    Definitely more common than a unicorn or Sasquatch. I’ve seen it a half dozen times or more, seems to be an atmospheric conditions thing.
  3. S

    SFR Lake Mead

    My grandfather moved to Phoenix towards the end of his life. I was blown away by the number of fountains shooting water skyward, and all of the subdivisions centered around an artificial lake - some with a giant fountain in the middle of the lake. Insane waste of water in an area with almost none.
  4. S

    SFR "Premium" purchases you found to be "worth it"

    Western Mountaineering goretex shelled down sleeping bag, as well as one of their jackets and a Flight vest - wish I would have got the Melt Down jacket as well. American made 800+ fill power down = awesome
  5. S

    SFR "Premium" purchases you found to be "worth it"

    Bruce and Walker 2 hand rods Boss fly lines
  6. S

    The PNW is Lit

    JFC At least he’s consistent…
  7. S

    The PNW is Lit

    It is now us that is polluting them, as well as ourselves. Air sucks here today
  8. S

    Who said fly fishing is expensive.....

    A good guide and a willingness to listen and learn has helped me become a better fisherman. It has also resulted in a friend I would not have had otherwise. A lodge trip can be a great value if it is known you are after an experience and not just catching fish. The location, the staff, and the...
  9. S

    Who said fly fishing is expensive.....

    One of my best fishing trips was a self support lake to tidewater trip in the Bristol Bay region of Alaska. We were hammered by the tail end of a typhoon, slept on gravel bars, and had to use our accumulated outdoors and survival skills in order to not SAT call in a rescue. Fishing became...
  10. S

    Who is going to try it?

    Pike is good eats. Most of the First Nation guides in Canada prefer pike to walleye. You did something wrong, like got the notorious pike slime all over the meat.
  11. S

    Cell Phone Pics

    Went looking for Phantoms, no surprise, only found a couple spent, but seeded specimens
  12. S

    Butterflies and Moths

    I’m still learning, identification appreciated. Western cascades, about 3600’ elevation, today July 29.
  13. S

    What's in your vise?

    Only one station of bucktail, the rest is nayat and flashabou. 3/0 B10S behind a 1 1/2” shank. I have good feelings about this I can’t wait to see it swim in GSL!
  14. S

    What's in your vise?

    Fresh from under the faucet. Here it is after it dried
  15. S

    World Record (?) SMB in Lake Sammamish

    Looking forward to a trip report!
Back
Top