Search results

  1. Rob Allen

    NFR Superb Owl 2026: Seahawks vs Patriots (official thread)

    Facts should never get in the way of good hyperbole. It always literally blows my mind how people don't understand this.
  2. Rob Allen

    NFR Superb Owl 2026: Seahawks vs Patriots (official thread)

    Poor poor Patriots... they're gonna be wondering about their manhood after what the Seahawks are gonna do to them. Insensitive of me to say? Yup, don't worry you'll live..
  3. Rob Allen

    YES on Bill 6241

    Plus we're closing all of our hatcheries ( hyperbole) so we'll have no place to raise them anyway.
  4. Rob Allen

    Anyone wanna go to Christmas island next winter?

    At the moment I believe i need 7 I know An Ren.
  5. Rob Allen

    Anyone wanna go to Christmas island next winter?

    We use Christmas Island Outfitters. 2026 rates for 7 nights 6 days 3250 based on double occupancy and a shared guide. I'll post 2027 rates as soon as we get them.
  6. Rob Allen

    Anyone wanna go to Christmas island next winter?

    That's why I said the cost was lodging and guided fishing :)
  7. Rob Allen

    Anyone wanna go to Christmas island next winter?

    True expected airfare bumps it to approximately 4500.. then therr are tips and such.. Still not that expensive for international travel. Less than the Bahamas at least.
  8. Rob Allen

    Anyone wanna go to Christmas island next winter?

    I'm in the beginning stages of looking for people to go with me to Christmas Island next winter Time fame will be late Jan or Early Feb. Approximate cost for 6 days lodging and guided fishing $3500 Actual dates and pricing will be determined after this year's trip. Christmas Island...
  9. Rob Allen

    Western Washington Draft Proposal - Cooling Our Streams

    On the surface I think cooler streams are a great idea. But a couple things to think about. And that's all I mean! Something to think about.. 1. All regulation causes inflation. This particular regulation may have a negligible impact on timber prices but to expect it to have no impact...
  10. Rob Allen

    Looking at Drift Boats

    Why that matters.. the more surface area on the bottom of the boat the higher it will float and the easier it will be to row.
  11. Rob Allen

    Looking at Drift Boats

    Lots of used Clackacraft and Lavros out there for cheap.. for 3 people you'll want a wide 16 footer. Unless you're a bells and whistles kinda guy just get an old one from the 90s. Within reason the condition of the trailer is more important than the condition of the boat. Worst case...
  12. Rob Allen

    NFR AI - How It Will Affect Jobs In The Next 5 years

    Lots of people understand it. Its simple supply and demand economics Insurance creates an overabundance of "cash" available for medical expenses and also increases demand for medical services medical services being a finite resource have increased prices due to deep pockets and high...
  13. Rob Allen

    NFR AI - How It Will Affect Jobs In The Next 5 years

    We need insurance companies out of health care imo.
  14. Rob Allen

    NFR AI - How It Will Affect Jobs In The Next 5 years

    Funny how the deeper the pockets that are paying for something the more expensive it gets.
  15. Rob Allen

    NFR AI - How It Will Affect Jobs In The Next 5 years

    I think the real danger of Ai is not to the job market at least in the long run short term job losses seem likely. A much greater threat of Ai is going to come on the moral/ societal front. Especially when Ai models and realistic human robotics merge. People will flee traditional...
  16. Rob Allen

    Affordable places you would actually want to live

    I am not sure i can recommend any place that does not have a local steelhead fishery as a good place to live, however I have lived in a place that is affordable and close to all the high quality services most people like to have close at hand. That place was Pueblo West Colorado. 3500...
  17. Rob Allen

    Affordable places you would actually want to live

    Work that one doesn't want to do is irrelevant. Most people do work they don't want to do. That said if one can retire early and make a go of it, I'd call that great. If I we're facing the situation your anticipating.. I'd get ahead of it and start retraining now to get a jump on...
  18. Rob Allen

    Affordable places you would actually want to live

    The loss of profession doesn't dictate early retirement. I have a friend who after being in tech since the 1970s found himself needing work. He also found himself needing a deck on his house. After many calls to contractors who all told him they were 6 months to a year out he simply...
  19. Rob Allen

    Sink tip choice? Multi-d vs T-stuff.

    Scandi heads are not designed to carry that much weight.. it's that simple. Get a skagit head and call life easy.
  20. Rob Allen

    NFR The time switch sucks!

    I think it's great changing clocks is a small inconvenience I like it being light when I get off work. As a matter of fact I think it's awesome.
Back
Top