Search results

  1. Gary Knowels

    What Are You Eating?

    Take pics, I want to know how it goes!
  2. Gary Knowels

    What Are You Eating?

    Tuna melt
  3. Gary Knowels

    Awesome Dogs of PNW

    Robin is watching the Seahawks game with me
  4. Gary Knowels

    What Are You Eating?

    I call this Haram Shepherds Pie...a tasty bastardization of multiple food cultures. A month ago I bought a pork shoulder for cheap, seasoned it with salt, MSG, and Lebanese 7 spice and roasted it for ~8 hours in a 275 degree oven before shredding it. I vacuum sealed and froze most of it in 1 lb...
  5. Gary Knowels

    Classic reel recommendations (3/4wt)

    I have this on my 8' 3 weight and LOVE it
  6. Gary Knowels

    What Are You Eating?

    Fred Meyer had chuck roast on sale for $5/lb this weekend so I dug through to find a couple with nice chuck eyes in them. I then pull those out and trim and cube the remaining parts. Sometimes you can even pull a decent denver steak out of them. About the best value I can find for a decent steak...
  7. Gary Knowels

    What Are You Eating?

    https://a.co/d/7thb7v3
  8. Gary Knowels

    What Are You Eating?

    Absolutely the best beer snack Elena's Lapid Fried Chicken Skin Chicharon https://a.co/d/7thb7v3
  9. Gary Knowels

    What Are You Eating?

    I love juk
  10. Gary Knowels

    Annual favorite fish of the year thread.

    I fished less this year than any year in the last decade. Life was busier, priorities were different, free time was allocated to different hobbies. I'll submit 2: This small, pretty rainbow Because it came from here This hefty lake cutthroat, because I REALLY needed a win at that particular...
  11. Gary Knowels

    Annual favorite fish of the year thread.

    My favorite fish of the year might be the hog that you tied into in that ridiculous pocket of fast water between the logs... I'm 100% planning on going back there right after school gets out next summer, this time for multiple nights.
  12. Gary Knowels

    Advice on high pressure canning

    At her peak, mom was running 3 with staggered start times on a double burned propane stove. Turning them over all day for 2 consecutive days. She would buy 300 lbs of whole fish, have them loined out, and can like crazy. We ate a lot of it but my mom would barter it for all kinds of stuff...
  13. Gary Knowels

    Advice on high pressure canning

    That's awesome, I'm glad it worked for you! That's what I thought all canned tuna was until my teens when I realized everyone else was eating bland trash and I was incredibly spoiled.
  14. Gary Knowels

    Bread Thread

    I'm in charge of bread for Friends giving today, my favorite assignment
  15. Gary Knowels

    Seeking recommendation for hammock sleeping pad

    I have the klymit insulated V hammock pad and like it for the most part. It is kind of bulky/heavy and is a bit of a pain in the ass to inflate and deflate. Also there can be some condensation issues in the channels during colder weather. It stays put and has good structure and coverage...
  16. Gary Knowels

    Affordable places you would actually want to live

    I'm a high school science teacher and many states have reciprocity with my certification in WA, the states that don't are mostly states I don't want to be in (the south). That allows me to teach, at least as a substitute, with a little bit of leg work in most places we would go. A 1 year...
  17. Gary Knowels

    Affordable places you would actually want to live

    My wife had to visit Manchester NH a few times for work and REALLY enjoyed her time there. I LOVED Portland ME when I visited (unseasonably warm stretch in January) and I enjoyed Boston. We've talked about Pittsburgh or Philadelphia areas as well. I bet it doesn't come to pass, but I'm open to...
  18. Gary Knowels

    Affordable places you would actually want to live

    I taught 7th and 8th grade science for 5 years, good on you. It takes a special breed to deal with 14 year olds daily. I've been teaching biology at the high school level for the last 5 years and won't be going back to MS ever again if I can avoid it. My wife and I (late 30s, no kids) have...
  19. Gary Knowels

    Baseball 2025

    The wife is a Yanks fan so I watched A LOT of their games. They don't make the playoffs without Judge either.
  20. Gary Knowels

    Baseball 2025

    He got hit with the "I don't watch the games, just look at stats" tax. Single season fWAR leader by a catcher 10.1 Buster Posey 2012 9.2 Johnny Bench 1972 9.1 Cal Raleigh 2025 9.1 Mike Piazza 1997 8.6 Brian McCann 2008 Single season fWAR leader by an outfielder 14.1 Babe Ruth 1923 12.8 Babe...
Back
Top