Search results

  1. D

    A little bit of fishing in CO

    Yeah, I probably should have made it clearer that the Brown was from a different lake. So many options in the area!
  2. D

    A little bit of fishing in CO

    I've been there three times this year, fishing the best it's been for me since 2020. Well, as long as there is some chop on the water. When it's been calm it's been tough. Good luck!
  3. D

    A little bit of fishing in CO

    Did a short end of summer workcation from Sunriver last week. Got the family some pool time, and did a little fishing. On Tuesday, worked east coast hours and then dragged the family out to "Tall Bird Meadow" lake for a couple of hours in the afternoon. Pretty good fishing, picked up a half...
  4. D

    Tuna 2024

    The problem with this saltwater fly fishing thing is it's kind of addictive. Three years ago Cabezon had a posting looking for a fill in on a tuna trip. Thought I'd give it a try, never done any salt fly fishing. Didn't have anything for that sort of fishing so used Nick's boat gear. Fast...
  5. D

    Tuna 2024

    This was the hot fly for me. Big thanks to @clarkman who gave me this fly and some others for tuna last year. @Cabezon had a pretty hot fly also.
  6. D

    Tuna 2024

    Saw some pictures of what looked like a big mess of yellowtail caught by an All Rivers boat I assume yesterday. On a trip on Saturday, so pretty interesting. Yellowtail is my favorite fish to smoke. So so good.
  7. D

    How do you transport your fly rods?

    And same for me.
  8. D

    Recipes for smoking tuna?

    I tried 3 different ways to smoke the tuna. All were good, though the tuna did get a bit dry. But achieved the goal of making a bunch of quick healthy snacks. A spicy smoked tuna recipe I got from Ifish was the winner, modified a little based on Matt B.'s post - really good flavor, slightly...
  9. D

    Recipes for smoking tuna?

    A post on another thread reminded me that I wanted to try smoking some tuna. Anybody have a good recipe to share?
  10. D

    Tuna 2024

    Saw a report of someone getting a couple of blue fins. Think it was out of Ilwaco.
  11. D

    SOLD - TFO BVK 10 Wt 4pc

    Selling my TFO BVK 10wt for $200 plus shipping. Had some use, but in good condition. Rod bag is from my BVK 5wt, as I seem to have somehow misplaced the 10wt bag.
  12. D

    Tuna 2024

    It's almost like you're dissing on non-gear-competent, barfing seat filler :).
  13. D

    Striped marlin gear?

    Hey Matt, What knots were you using when building the leaders? Thanks!
  14. D

    Shops newsletters, reports and... hotspotting?

    Sounds like I need to move to Montana :).
  15. D

    Striped marlin gear?

    Thanks for the tip on chapstick! Snugging down thick flouro has been a problem for me.
  16. D

    What's in your vise?

    I was told for Mag bay in November the sardines have blue backs. Some pink also. 4 to 6 inches. But have no actual experience. In June on the Cortez side, it was light green to olive backs, just on the top.
  17. D

    Striped marlin gear?

    I'll definitely drop a report. Unless I don't catch anything.....
  18. D

    Shops newsletters, reports and... hotspotting?

    Yeah, it's not really an excuse.
  19. D

    Shops newsletters, reports and... hotspotting?

    The owners of that shop are new. They bought it last year. Maybe they don't realize what they are doing with the detailed reports? Maybe reach out to that David dude or stop by the shop and let them know your concerns? Or post the same message on the westfly reddit, the owners are on that...
  20. D

    Striped marlin gear?

    @Evan B Evan - thanks for the info! Makes sense that you don't need to pump them up from the depths. Good point on the knots. I suck at knots, and am not looking forward to tying knots with 100lb flouro. Another thing to practice. @Nick Clayton Hey Nick - thank you for the offer, that's...
Back
Top