Search results

  1. PhilR

    In which Nighty bumbles through the hill country, and Matt B is par excellence.

    I’ve only gotten to fish with him once, but Matt’s a good guy
  2. PhilR

    What's Catching You Fish?

    Ye olde meat and two veg.
  3. PhilR

    Wild and NATIVE trifecta on the big D

    It was as lights out as I’ve seen it over there. The egg hatch has definitely turned on after a late start. Gotta admit, best part was beating that guide/instructor to the riffle that he blocks all morning, and then pulling a couple out while they walked past This guy reminded me that it’s...
  4. PhilR

    A new world record... my favorite driving band

    You guys obviously have a great local station for new music in KEXP. I listen to the Current out of Minneapolis for a lot of that too. If you want to connect with folks who are passionate about 80s and 90s new wave and post punk, djs Jake Rudh and Synthia do weekly shows on Twitch with music...
  5. PhilR

    A new world record... my favorite driving band

    How can you tell if a bluegrass stage is level? The banjo player drools evenly out of both sides of his mouth. Speaking of banjo
  6. PhilR

    Did you leave something on the boat ramp…

    I've lost my youthful idealism
  7. PhilR

    Amazon Prime Scam

    We have a pretty intensive "immersive phishing program" at work, where they regularly send sketchy emails to us. I'm fully paranoid about any even slightly sketchy email/text/call now. I wonder if you can sign up for a program like this individually.
  8. PhilR

    FS 3 Trout Spey Rods: ACR, TFO, ARE

    that she do. I'm glad to see that ARE is back in business. Off topic, but their 7/8 13ft spey is a sweet rod, and the price is right.
  9. PhilR

    Non-Fly PDX fly shop for saltwater flies?

    The Portland Fly Shop has a good selection. If you're ok with mail order, I'd look at the Deschute Angler or Red's. They run trips and I know Red's at least will put together a fly selection for you.
  10. PhilR

    FS 3 Trout Spey Rods: ACR, TFO, ARE

    You did a great job on that ARE. I have the same rod, built by them, and it's surprisingly good.
  11. PhilR

    2025 Tuna and Exotics

    I know. Sounds like work to me
  12. PhilR

    NFR The time switch sucks!

    I'd prefer year round daylight savings - it kills me to have the sun go down so early in the winter.
  13. PhilR

    Wallowa Area

    Beautiful country. I'm ready to do another float on the GR. Just wish the fishing was better.
  14. PhilR

    Jerry Daschofsky Needs Our Help.

    Chipped in
  15. PhilR

    Storing all those fly rods

    the pipes for built-in vacuum cleaners are much lighter than the ABS or PVC pipe at HD. If you really want to go ham, scratch up the tube with a rasp. Really gouge it, then sand it down. hit it with wood stain, and you can get a cool wood grain finish. I did it once, and it was way more...
  16. PhilR

    Storing all those fly rods

    I use two of the tall laundry baskets in my closet. If they didn’t come with a tube, I just use a cardboard mailing tube with a label attached.
  17. PhilR

    High End Coolers vs. E-Coolers

    Adding to the low tech, I keep it in the shade and drape a wet towel over it for some evaporative cooling. I tried dry ice once on a 90 degree grand ronde trip. Thought I was clever but it froze everything.
  18. PhilR

    How do you figure out what line weight mystery fly lines are?

    I shove it in a toilet paper tube to contain it on the scale I have some rods that don’t like the lines that they’re supposed to, so I’ve tested matchups. The trick is to write it down somewhere so you don’t have to do it at the start of each season.
  19. PhilR

    Hilariously overpriced used item listings around the internet

    It's like the elephant's graveyard back there.
Back
Top