I’m not much of a camp cook but I’m hell on dishes. Although I could smoke a brisket and bring it along.
Is that a spread of bamboo in one of those pictures? I could bring a couple if that’s something we do.
Spey size rod tubes at sierra for twenty bucks
https://www.sierra.com/sage-126-basic-fly-rod-tube-425-single~p~9cahg/?filterString=fishing-tools-and-bags~d~162%2F&merch=prod-rec-prod-prod9CAHG
Can’t get the link to work
We have friends in Redmond and I’ve tried fishing that area frequently. The fishing is fairly poor. I’d head over to the metolious or the Fall River south of bend.
It’s fun, and you can do some nice customization, but as you point out I don’t think you save money at hobby scale. If you want to test the waters you can use a notched cardboard box as a rod wrapping jig.
Looks like a corner crossing bill has been introduced in Oregon.
Large swaths of Oregon’s public and private lands are chopped into a checkerboard pattern. Senate Bill 1545 would secure the right of people to “corner cross” the checkerboard, without fear of trespass.
OPB Article...
Grew up in Southern California, in a Scout troop that did a 9-day Sierra hike every summer. We all had what would now be called ultralight spinning rods to entertain ourselves when we weren't on the move, and to supplement the freeze-dried meals. We'd throw rooster tails or salmon eggs in the...
Do music podcasts count? I’ve been listening to No Dogs in Space, with deep dives into the background of punk bands like The Stooges, The Damned, Dead Kennedys, and more. The hosts are pretty funny, and they make these bands very relatable.