Search results

  1. PhilR

    SFR A decision has been made-big move coming

    That's awesome, Gary. Good luck!
  2. PhilR

    Kudos to Echo

    I’ve always been happy with their customer service
  3. PhilR

    Tuna 2026

    16 of those is legit
  4. PhilR

    Tuna 9/15/2026 with Captain Clayton

    I think I got that tip from you And speaking of Evan tips, the flea drops worked, and I only had one yellowjacket while I was trimming and packing outside.
  5. PhilR

    Tuna 9/15/2026 with Captain Clayton

    I canned a bunch the first year I went, but really prefer seared/blackened loins and poke bowls. Only drawback is that my wife is allergic to seafood and shellfish, so if she's around I cook it on the grill outside. I don't see a lot of dropoff in quality between frozen and fresh, especially...
  6. PhilR

    Adult Dragonfly and Damselfly Pattern Recommendations

    That second one is very effective
  7. PhilR

    Tuna 9/12/26

    took me a second. Donut, what does that mean? Ohhhh, got it!
  8. PhilR

    Tuna 9/12/26

    Oh, no doubt, that too.
  9. PhilR

    Tuna 9/12/26

    You know what they say, everyone complains about peanuts until the donkeys show up. We had a great day with Chance and Grady on Saturday. Doug @dbaken , Ann, Dave @SteelHeadDave , and I met at the top of the walkway at 5:30, swapping stories in the lightening dark and waiting for the word to...
  10. PhilR

    Please

    I was working eight blocks from the white house in DC, and had just gone into a meeting when my wife paged me. One of my colleagues’s husband worked at the pentagon, and their kids were in the day care there. We sent everyone home, but the streets were gridlocked and the metro wasn’t running...
  11. PhilR

    So where's the guardrails?

    I'm not quite so ready to dismiss the source of implicit values. It's a word predictor, and the training data will have biases based on the culture and language used. In other news, I got a flyer in my email about an upcoming TU meeting where data centers and water quality is one of the agenda...
  12. PhilR

    Cascade lakes advice? (Oregon)

    Not sure I’d call two fish in three hours “doing well”, but they were nice fish.
  13. PhilR

    So where's the guardrails?

    I can get behind AI if it comes with a spell checker.
  14. PhilR

    So where's the guardrails?

    The genies are already out of the bottle, and doing the unthinking bidding of those who rubbed the lamp. https://www.theregister.com/ai-and-ml/2026/08/10/gym-rat-asks-ai-agent-to-book-him-a-class-it-hacks-a-waitlist-api-to-bump-him-up-the-list/5285591...
  15. PhilR

    Cascade lakes advice? (Oregon)

    Visited Crane today, cold and grey, water was 56 at Quinn. Put two nice cranebows in the net. One on a green simiseal leech and the other on a callibaetis emerger.
  16. PhilR

    Cascade lakes advice? (Oregon)

    This is great timing. I'm heading to Bend for the long weekend and may head up to East/Paulina or over to Crane
  17. PhilR

    uh, Houston....really?

    It's sort of a modern Pascal's wager :cool:
  18. PhilR

    uh, Houston....really?

    I for one welcome our robot overlords.
  19. PhilR

    Tuna 2026

    Had a trip like that. Made the mistake of looking down while fighting a fish. Patch didn’t save me.
  20. PhilR

    uh, Houston....really?

    can it also run shuttle? It can carry me back upstream to my rig.
Back
Top