Search results

  1. Wadin' Boot

    Strange, weird or odd or whatever beach finds thread….

    Brian, and this is why the AI overlords will screw us. By being confidently and absolutely wrong. I would agree though, don't ingest this. As I have suspicion this is some kind of excess drain thing for a liquid, worst case, liquid fecal. So, again, take home message, don't eat it.
  2. Wadin' Boot

    I Know It Can It Be Done But Should I?

    Peyton- You have functional amygdala, Alex Honnold does not. You are in the norm there and -don't sell yourself short- it probably means you also have way more friends, that you are a better, kinder, funnier and more empathic friend and would, in general, make for a better hang. Maybe not, but I...
  3. Wadin' Boot

    Cell Phone Pics

    Excepting the "solid axle, hitch" part That Minnie Whinny Jitney looks like the "level up" of @Matt B's Bike trailer... Matt are you doing the Freemont's Summer Solstice Naked Bicycle parade again this year on this contraption? I'd like to think you fill the cooler with home-brewed kombuchas...
  4. Wadin' Boot

    Got any bird pics?

    Wow, I tapped on one of your photos and they opened up your Flickr photo shares, holy smokes, there's some spectacular shots you have, not just on the recent pics, but going way back, really cool!
  5. Wadin' Boot

    Bellwether Social Media trial

    Big button simple phones for older folks are useful. In the bell curve of adoption strategies, and in opposition to strategies to get kids to adopt and use, these platforms and devices go almost out of their way to make them NOT useable for older people with limited eyesight, tremors, memory...
  6. Wadin' Boot

    Got any bird pics?

    Have been battling the crud for three weekends in a row so double dosed some loratadine, ate some naprosyn, chugged some coffee and resolved to get out and do something, anything. Today had an AM low wind, partly sunny, a promise of flat clouds later and dull tides. Decided to paddle out, check...
  7. Wadin' Boot

    Strange, weird or odd or whatever beach finds thread….

    I found Wilson, we had a chat. He has attachment and abandonment issues. Then the Westerly kicked up and I had to get to paddling and he was like "Again? This always happens to me..." He sounded so pathetic and whiny. I think his vocal cords had delaminated. Still I had some sympathies for...
  8. Wadin' Boot

    Old paintings lost and found

    Skip this is really moving, those state hospitals, prior to meds that could actually do anything, were not kind places. And for your mom too...
  9. Wadin' Boot

    Got any bird pics?

    They definitely stocked green lake, there is huge flock of cormorants taking advantage.... I wonder if there is a crossover point where stocking size can better avoid cormorant predation. They say they put in 5000 fish, 2 per pound, and probably that's mainly 10-11 inch fish. Over the last 10...
  10. Wadin' Boot

    Chuck Norris passed away at 86

    It's true Chuck Norris died, but so did all the Doctors and Nurses who tried to get that IV in....
  11. Wadin' Boot

    Strange, weird or odd or whatever beach finds thread….

    Steve you left out the weird part, the Bobbit worm may be named after Lorena Bobbitt! From the Lorena Bobbitt Wikipedia page: The bristle worm Eunice aphroditois is informally known as the "Bobbitt worm" after the case, because it attacks its prey with scissor-like jaws. Watching the bobbitt...
  12. Wadin' Boot

    Strange, weird or odd or whatever beach finds thread….

    So you're saying giant benthic marine pile worms get to first base and then mutually EXPLODE? Damn. Have to think about this. That Moonlit foreplay must be absolutely bonkers fun....
  13. Wadin' Boot

    NFR "Holmes"

    the new one on Amazon Prime, Young Sherlock, is really fun also. Has Holmes and Moriaty as friends, but lots of clunker clues about how that friendship might not last...Got a Guy Ritchie pace to it so not exactly slow with a lot of slo mo and one camera takes
  14. Wadin' Boot

    How i got the parking spot at OLIVE GARDEN: I YELLED at them!

    Dude sounds like the relentlessly sex positive British vampire Laszlo Cravensworth from "What we do in the Shadows" If you're going full Cap.Hill - Dick's + Singles given the apartment building is not so far away, plus deep irony...in that movie young Eddy Vedder plays in a band called...
  15. Wadin' Boot

    How i got the parking spot at OLIVE GARDEN: I YELLED at them!

    American Psycho + Dick's is a Movie+ Dinner Combo that's hard to beat...
  16. Wadin' Boot

    How i got the parking spot at OLIVE GARDEN: I YELLED at them!

    Damn, Matt, the stuff you know about corporate logos! i like to think that Travers was yelling in OG parking lot, not because Early Birders were taking their sweet baby jesus time backing out of the space, but because his dinner and movie pairing (or movie and dinner) was a tough combo for a...
  17. Wadin' Boot

    Ice Dam danger- zero in PNW this year

    Current ice dam danger is basically zero on the Kispiox, Klickitat, Clackamas, Skeena, Skagit, Snoqualmie, Snohomish, Skykomish, Stillaguamish, Duckabush, Dosewallips, Chimacum, Suiattle, Sammamish, Sol Duc, Quinault, Hoh, Calawah, Stehekin, Quillayute, Yakima, Chehalis, Wenatchee, Metolius...
  18. Wadin' Boot

    How i got the parking spot at OLIVE GARDEN: I YELLED at them!

    If I was gonna shout for parking at any of the below, i ranked which ones I would, most to least, be likely to shout for a parking spot 1- Applebees 2- Chijis 3- Azteca 4- Olive Garden 5- Texas roadhouse and/or Longhorns 6- Outback Steakhouse
Back
Top