Search results

  1. Josh

    Today is my Alive Day

    Love it, Jerry. Great to hear and stoked that you shared it with us.
  2. Josh

    Kudos to Echo

    Echo is good folks. Good rods, as well.
  3. Josh

    Pacific Bonito "swarm" in San Diego bay.

    I take it they are not thought of as table fare?
  4. Josh

    OFFICIAL 2026 NFL SEASON DISCUSSION

    I avoid games like PIT v NE because both teams are on my "haterade" list and I want them both to lose. That said, watching Aaron Rodgers getting strip sacked for a TD is still enjoyable.
  5. Josh

    Small creek fishing

    As for gear, a short 3wt is usually the rod of choice for PNW creeks. But having a 5wt shouldn't stop you at all. The 8wt won't be particularly useful for creek trout. Though if you were heading to the Skagit/Sauk for bull trout, that 8wt could be very fun. The 5wt trout spey is also less useful...
  6. Josh

    Small creek fishing

    FWIW, small PNW creeks are both the easiest to get general advice on and the worst for specific advice. This is mostly because the west side of the cascades just doesn't have the kind of moving water trout fisheries that you can find in other parts of the country. Our moving water fisheries (and...
  7. Josh

    Tuna 9/15/2026 with Captain Clayton

    I didn't get any official "vevor" bags since I picked mine up used from Evan. But I have used a hundred or so of these bags from amazon with no issues.
  8. Josh

    SFR Vevor Chamber Vac Experience

    And it is still chugging along just fine.
  9. Josh

    OFFICIAL 2026 NFL SEASON DISCUSSION

    Hot damn! That'll do. Turned out to be a decent game to watch. Gotta say.
  10. Josh

    OFFICIAL 2026 NFL SEASON DISCUSSION

    Now things are picking up! Strong work the last two series.
  11. Josh

    OFFICIAL 2026 NFL SEASON DISCUSSION

    Defense looks good. So that’s something, I guess?
  12. Josh

    Sea Run Cutthroat in rivers. What's your jam?

    There was something broken in the backend with embeds. Your post made me notice it and Evan got it sorted out last night.
  13. Josh

    Sea Run Cutthroat in rivers. What's your jam?

    Is there a pattern for this anywhere? If you felt like it, a step-by-step tying post would be a great thread to post in the forum. Or heck, invite the fellow from the other forum to PNWFF if he's interested in making the SBS post himself. Would be cool.
  14. Josh

    Sea Run Cutthroat in rivers. What's your jam?

    About the reverse spiders or SRC generally? Let’s be clear that I am absolutely not an authority on any sort of SRC fishing. So I’ll leave that to others to answer. But I don’t find that reverse spiders get increased short strikes. They don’t have much of a tail, generally, even if you use...
  15. Josh

    Sea Run Cutthroat in rivers. What's your jam?

    Orange or yellow reverse spider.
  16. Josh

    Cascade lakes advice? (Oregon)

    I actually did exactly this recently for a younger Oregon relative who was looking for similar advice. Unfortunately for him, I've been reading it before I send it his way.
  17. Josh

    Cascade lakes advice? (Oregon)

    I added "Oregon" to the thread title in the hopes that it grabbed a few more eyeballs from the Beaver State crew.
  18. Josh

    Simms Disappointment

    For anyone interested the destructive tactics powering Private Equity profits, I would encourage reading "Bad Company: Private Equity and the Death of the American Dream" by Megan Greenwell. PE does not create, build, or nurture anything. It only exists to extract every dollar it can.
  19. Josh

    Simms Disappointment

    The initial concept of "enshittification" was coined by Cory Doctorow in reference to online platforms/SaaS purposeful worsening of their products in the service of more profit. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enshittification I, and others, tend to think that it also applies to companies that...
  20. Josh

    Simms Disappointment

    Enshittification.
Back
Top