Search results

  1. Robert Engleheart

    NFR What Are You Drinking?

    I just drank one of two, might be a while before I open the second bottle but the brewery page is pretty accurate. https://www.delirium.be/en/beers/delirium-christmas
  2. Robert Engleheart

    NFR What Are You Drinking?

    Stumbled across this at BevMo, really like my Belgian ales. I don’t like the taste of single malt or bourbon after throat cancer but doctor said a beer daily is not a problem. Slainte!
  3. Robert Engleheart

    What you watching. 😆

    The Lowdown with Ethan Hawke, eight episode series with a Cohen Brothers vibe and a seriously good “Americana” soundtrack. On FX on Demand or streaming on Hulu. Really enjoyed this...
  4. Robert Engleheart

    Arctic Char

    I’ll second that, living on the Kenai I never kept a rainbow, always plenty of Dollie’s/char if I wanted. Mostly ate halibut and king crab, cheaper than hamburger. Dollies are milder than salmon, just a bit different and delicious.
  5. Robert Engleheart

    The 2025 NFL Season Discussion

    No expert here but I’d be much happier to see an OL before another DB.
  6. Robert Engleheart

    Northern Bulls

    I’ve seen pictures of BIG bull trout from upper Fraser that were said to be anadromous.
  7. Robert Engleheart

    NFR Do You Recognize How Fortunate You/We Are?

    I spent the first nine years of my life in Mexico, in a life of great privilege but never far from the poverty that was apparent to all. I’ll never forget riding in a car with diplomatic plates and seeing street urchins my age selling Chiclets on the street. Even at that age I wondered “there...
  8. Robert Engleheart

    Awesome Dogs of PNW

    Hoping for a kitty for Christmas; they are so much fun to chase. 8 months and still growing.
  9. Robert Engleheart

    My Cat is Addicted to Fly Fishing

    We had a cat that would watch with great interest when I brought the rod out to practice casting in the pool; eventually I started lawn casting and she would get in that stalking crouch that cats do and then grab the indicator and run, jump and even peel off a few yards of line occasionally...
  10. Robert Engleheart

    The 2025 NFL Season Discussion

    Who’s back up for Charles Cross? Hope the O Line can protect Darnold or it’ll be a long night in Mudville.
  11. Robert Engleheart

    NFR College Football 2025

    Wondering which BS team shows up, the one that hung 57 points on UNLV or the one Fresno State thumped 30-7 in Boise?
  12. Robert Engleheart

    Part-Time, Volunteer, or other opportunities?

    I found Trout in the Classroom to be very rewarding personally and the kids enjoy it. My flyfishing club has over a dozen schools with aquariums that we provided. We procure the eggs from hatcheries when fertilized and distribute to classrooms, when hatched we coordinate release in local streams...
  13. Robert Engleheart

    The 2025 NFL Season Discussion

    Seattle is ahead of both Rams and 49’ers in yards per game. https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/rushing-yards-per-game Also 4th in rushing attempts/game. Agree in that their inability to score rushing TDS and settling for field goals is not ideal but Minnesota has a good run defense and still...
  14. Robert Engleheart

    Restaurant Recommendations between Seattle and San Diego

    http://www.bartelsgiantburger.com/corning Good burgers https://kennys-kitchen.goto-restaurants.com/ More variety, breakfast, lunch, dinner. Closes 3 p.m. iirc. very good.
  15. Robert Engleheart

    Affordable places you would actually want to live

    My goddaughter was an ICU nurse when Covid hit, she got PTSD from the experience. Became a traveling nurse and would work several months then take a couple off to travel, single. Decided to come home to Ashland, Oregon and is now working with using psilocybin to treat PTSD and other issues. Very...
  16. Robert Engleheart

    Lamson saltwater reel drag system

    It’s been a few years now, I have several Lamsons and the clutch on one was giving me some problems, skipping or slipping as line was pulled out. One phone call, I mentioned I had 3 similar reels (Radius) but only one with the problem. A couple days later I received 3 new clutches in the mail...
  17. Robert Engleheart

    Affordable places you would actually want to live

    When my grandson was in Iowa his girlfriend’s parents had a vacation home on Lake of the Ozarks that he thought was nice. Anywhere off the lake could be very sketchy according to what he saw.
  18. Robert Engleheart

    Fly Lines for Switch rods ?

    Yes but that is still substantially light, most Scandi lines for six weight are 390-425 and allow for a tip on top of that. The lines shown below are for the same rod, a 5-6-7 Meiser. At 407 and 434 grains both allow for a 70 grain tip. Bob’s rods typically have a 3 size grain window but he...
  19. Robert Engleheart

    Fly Lines for Switch rods ?

    The SSVT lines are substantially lighter than what I consider standard or typical. Example, my 11’7” Meiser is rated as a 5-6-7 and Bob and Steve recommend a 425 gr Scandi, the Rio SS recommended 6 weight is 305 gr. Is it due to being shorter at 23’ vs 28-30’ typical for Steve’s lines? Different...
Back
Top