Search results

  1. Robert Engleheart

    Bill Archuleta

    A master craftsman and gentleman, wishing him a quick recovery.
  2. Robert Engleheart

    Anyone wanna go to Christmas island next winter?

    Please describe Fanning for those of us who are unaware.
  3. Robert Engleheart

    Anyone wanna go to Christmas island next winter?

    Never been but relating a friend’s experiences: Hotel in Hawaii overnight, warm water fly lines, rod(s), clothing, flies, tips.
  4. Robert Engleheart

    2026 goals- Fishy edition

    Fish for smallmouth In Wisconsin with Brad Bohen; Here’s the backstory: Sometime prior to 2012 I would check The Drake online occasionally and met Brad when he came out to California to visit his father and bought an older Landcruiser to drive back to Wisconsin and flip. I kept an RV on the...
  5. Robert Engleheart

    Pyramid Lake

    These guys know the lake very well. They fish some other lakes that are worthwhile. https://pyramidlakeflyfishing.com/our-story/
  6. Robert Engleheart

    Pyramid Lake

    Boats can be sketchy if wind picks up, certain times of year are best for that.
  7. Robert Engleheart

    What you watching. 😆

    Snoqualmie train depot, Medicine Lake….
  8. Robert Engleheart

    metal roofs

    Standing seam metal roofs are the most durable and leak proof, most difficult to properly install and consequently multiple times more expensive. I wouldn’t have any other type of metal. Worth it if you have the money but 40 and 50 year fiberglass shingles look good and are much cheaper. I built...
  9. Robert Engleheart

    metal roofs

    There are 3-tab fiberglass shingles that are rated for heat reflection efficiency, code in California requires them. Much better than asphalt, which I don’t believe they make anymore. Considering the cost of metal, suggest investigating the reflective foil you can put in the attic, preferably...
  10. Robert Engleheart

    SFR Medicare and Lyme Disease...

    Lyme is no joke, a friend’s nephew caught it in his senior year in high school in upstate New York. Took months to properly diagnose and almost killed him, he lost a full ride scholarship to play baseball at a major and major motor skills. Recovery was/is long and slow.
  11. Robert Engleheart

    Turle Knot

    Whatever works best for you is the right way. When I was in Nova Scotia the guides were adamant a waking fly would scare the fish, one going so far as to say it’s important that on a downstream dead drift the tail of the fly must present first, I.e. truly downstream. We all know that’s not true...
  12. Robert Engleheart

    Turle Knot

    This is a simple and easy one:
  13. Robert Engleheart

    NFR What Are You Reading

    I enjoyed it immensely. A friends mother was an army ophthalmology nurse in Korea, she had some great stories once you got her to talk about it. A very under recognized group of heroes.
  14. Robert Engleheart

    NFR Mexican Riviera Cruise Advice

    My brother who lives in Pennsylvania spends February in Oaxaca for about same price as a nice cruise. Rents a studio ($1200/month includes laundry) in a building that houses a cooking school that Anthony Bourdain attended and lives extremely cheaply eating locally. Says it’s absolutely clean and...
  15. Robert Engleheart

    Icon lost

    I did several times, very good. I believe once with BB King and another with Big Mama Thornton, Clarence “Gatemouth” Brown and others. I may have been in an altered state, so details are fuzzy. A couple friends lived with Ken Kesey at his commune and participated in some Merry Prankster...
  16. Robert Engleheart

    Best sports un-retirement of the weekend.

    Pre 1976, Mt.Hood Meadows June or July summer after massive winter snowpack. The US ski team was practicing and my buddy and I saw they had a downhill course they were running. We were up maybe 1/4 way from the start and saw Andy Mill go by and I decided to chase; got down to bottom and crossing...
  17. Robert Engleheart

    NFR What Are You Drinking?

    Stumbled across this at Costco today, $7.99. 12% ABV and bottle conditioned so I believe I will keep it 6 months to mellow out.
  18. Robert Engleheart

    NFR What Are You Drinking?

    A VERY GOOD friend! Nice.
  19. Robert Engleheart

    NFR What Are You Drinking?

    Might be a while before I open the second, it’s bottle conditioned so no harm keeping it in garage. Was the last of it at store so waiting for occasion to finish it. Here’s a more common Belgian that’s become a favorite, light enough for a summer drink as well. Had this one on tap in France...
Back
Top