Search results

  1. Robert Engleheart

    Bellwether Social Media trial

    Jesus wept…..
  2. Robert Engleheart

    NFR F150 & Ecoboost

    Carvana periodically sends me unsolicited offers to buy my 2017 Tundra (SR5 OffRoad 4X4) for 75% of purchase price; they aren’t taking account low miles (51k), ARE shell, BedRug, seats covered since new, service records. I’m pretty sure I could get 80% if I wanted to sell but it’s mine until I...
  3. Robert Engleheart

    Bad cold or something viral

    I had a fever and bad chills a couple weeks ago. Wife called my PA and he prescribed Tamiflu and Prednisone (steroid), 5 days each, knocked it out in a couple.
  4. Robert Engleheart

    Awesome Dogs of PNW

    Partners in crime, granddaughter and our 10 month old Malemute/Husky/Aussie/Poodle.
  5. Robert Engleheart

    Wanted Redington Drift 3/4 Spool/Reel.

    Would prefer spool but open to reel also.
  6. Robert Engleheart

    Budget 4wt shorty recs?

    I have a Redington CT in 4 weight x 8’ that I have always thought is a great value and a decent rod. I just bought a used Thomas and Thomas LPSII in 4 weight and 8’6”, always been intrigued by the T&T line and their reputation. Not a lot of them in my circle, seem to have a bigger following on...
  7. Robert Engleheart

    NFR Owens Valley

    Aren’t you in Arizona? How is the food different?
  8. Robert Engleheart

    NFR Mexican Riviera Cruise Advice

    If not for The Onion and The Borowitz Report I’d go mad…
  9. Robert Engleheart

    Small creeks

    Agreed, DT on my 4 weight. Just picked up an 8’6” four Thomas and Thomas LPSII that I’m told rocks a Wulff Triangle Taper so have to try one.
  10. Robert Engleheart

    NFR Owens Valley

    Those c***$uckers tried to grab water around Mt Shasta that fed the McCloud and were sued and lost. Not good neighbors is giving them too much credit.
  11. Robert Engleheart

    Awesome Dogs of PNW

    Tel me more about the Leica…..
  12. Robert Engleheart

    NFR Mexican Riviera Cruise Advice

    What BS! Of course one needs to be careful but the country is not in a state of collapse. I just spoke with my brother who in Queretaro, 230 miles east of Guadalajara. There will be a power struggle and I’d be careful of where I went but this guy is full of it, trolling for clicks…. If there’s a...
  13. Robert Engleheart

    Grande Ronde wade fishing?

    Not familiar with either but you might want to look at the Owyhee, year around trout fishery.
  14. Robert Engleheart

    NFR F150 & Ecoboost

    Could have been a tailight: https://www.motorbiscuit.com/this-simple-ford-f-150-repair-insanely-expensive/ Initial story I read about this issue was a 2018 that got a cracked tailight housing that let water in and took out the canbus in addition to the tailight; $6800.
  15. Robert Engleheart

    SFR New used truck - potentially

    As a Case IH dealer my son in law is part of the Stellantis group which owns Dodge, Ram, Fiat and more. His company has a full service truck shop working on trucks up to semi size. He can buy Dodge and Ram for below invoice, guess how many they own. Zero. Just saying…..
  16. Robert Engleheart

    NFR Owens Valley

    The east side is a gem. Is that a recent trip? The last week dumped on there, which is good if you weren’t fishing.
  17. Robert Engleheart

    What Are You Eating?

    Used to be able to buy sturgeon from local grocery fish counter, they sourced it from two commercial fish farms in Calif, one in the Delta and other near Susanville. Haven’t seen it for years. Delicious.
  18. Robert Engleheart

    Switch Rod or Not?

    I’m not a beach fisher but having used them I believe Wulff Ambush lines might be good. Available in integrated with 2 different head lengths, depending on line size, as well as floating, hover and intermediate sink rates. Roll cast beautifully and shoot like a laser...
  19. Robert Engleheart

    Poor mans retirement. Panama?

    Atlantic salmon are in decline most places, possibly less in Iceland and Russia but they all swim in the same ocean and face similar threats.
  20. Robert Engleheart

    Poor mans retirement. Panama?

    X2, the ability to converse and understand a conversation goes a long way towards a more satisfactory and pleasant experience. Otherwise one tends to isolate or associate with only other expats and misses the best parts of another culture.
Back
Top