Search results

  1. Robert Engleheart

    NFR Printer recommendation

    Ditto, probably 10 years since I have used my laser printer, library and saving work to files works for me. But when I was printing, a laser printer is absolutely the best. My ink jet cartridges would dry out between uses. Laser ink lasts forever…
  2. Robert Engleheart

    Viet Nam Veteran’s Day March 29

    My older brother went to an elite military prep school, many of his classmates went on to the service academies. At his 50 year reunion of 108 graduates they honored 38 who were killed in Vietnam.
  3. Robert Engleheart

    Viet Nam Veteran’s Day March 29

    Yes! Every veteran I know (and non veterans) who has seen it in person, or the traveling replica, has told me they were deeply moved by it. A story you young’uns may not know regarding the controversy over the design. https://www.biography.com/military-figures/maya-lin-vietnam-veterans-memorial
  4. Robert Engleheart

    Viet Nam Veteran’s Day March 29

    I took a neighbor who was a Vietnam vet, a marine at Keh Sanh(sp?), to see the traveling replica when it came to the local college. He looked up a couple names and we left. His wife called me a while later asking what happened; I said not much, why? She said he got home, asked her teenager to...
  5. Robert Engleheart

    64 Alaska Earthquake

    Knew several survivors on the Kenai, one told me of his experience in Seward when it struck. He was leaving Town when the road started pitching and rolling; he thought he was still drunk and pulled the car over to the side of the road and got out. He could see Resurrection Bay and town from his...
  6. Robert Engleheart

    What are you watching?

    Short (7 minutes) film but a gem...
  7. Robert Engleheart

    State of the Winter Season?

    Friend hit the jackpot a few weeks ago in Northern California, first day was heavy rain, rising river, one small fish to boat. Next day clearing up, callibaetis hatch came off, 6 adult fish on dries, one at 9#s.
  8. Robert Engleheart

    Fun day..

    Well done; for me there is little more rewarding than putting a newb on fish. Times 2 if they are kids.
  9. Robert Engleheart

    Reliable Ro

    Prime candidate for skin cancer……
  10. Robert Engleheart

    What are you watching?

    IIRC Paramount+ is free with Amazon Prime
  11. Robert Engleheart

    NFR "Holmes"

    Love Guy Ritchie movies
  12. Robert Engleheart

    Pass Lake crayfish

    In the late ‘60s I ran crawdad traps in the Columbia off docks around PDX, Willamette by and under log booms, various other lakes and rivers. Used the tails for bait for steelhead and sold them to Larry’s Sporting goods and a couple other sporting goods stores around PDX. Had days that I got 60+...
  13. Robert Engleheart

    The Trout Spey

    That sounds like ideal spey water.
  14. Robert Engleheart

    What Are You Eating?

    Roasted cauliflower and brussel sprouts are delicious and easy. Can’t stand them boiled.
  15. Robert Engleheart

    Scratched up a few in central WA

    The fish you caught looked like very nice chunks.
  16. Robert Engleheart

    Hot Sauce

    I read all these posts and envy all of you, I used to really enjoy hat sauces. Not Scotch Bonnet or anything similar but mild to medium hot, Jalapeño, Salsa Casera, etc. The radiation on my throat changed my taste buds and made me a lot more sensitive to spices and seasonings. Mild salsa is the...
  17. Robert Engleheart

    Heading to the Crooked this weekend

    Hard to believe Bend population was 10,000 when I lived there ‘74-5.
  18. Robert Engleheart

    Warm Late March Domestic Fishing Vacation Destinations

    Pyramid won’t be warm in March, high desert and fall and spring equinox are typically more likely for wind.
Back
Top