Search results

  1. Robert Engleheart

    Meadowlake Fish Camp in mid-late September

    “should I bring a very energetic not so well behaved black lab (dog friendly though)?” No.
  2. Robert Engleheart

    Just Finished a Nice Trip

    Pretty fish; don’t look like stockers…..
  3. Robert Engleheart

    What Are You Eating?

    I remember when oxtail was cheap……
  4. Robert Engleheart

    Go To Stillwater Floater/Indicator Line

    Wulff Ambush, short heavy head makes chucking bobbers easy.
  5. Robert Engleheart

    Kokanee?

    Those are nice sized Koke.
  6. Robert Engleheart

    Awesome Dogs of PNW

    Good to know, might have to try it. Gracie pulls for the first 5 minutes of her walk as she’s very excited but settles in for the rest. I’ve been using a harness with lead clipped to the front rather than the top and it helps, but at just one year and 70 pounds she’s pretty strong especially...
  7. Robert Engleheart

    OFFICIAL 2026 NFL SEASON DISCUSSION

    JFC all the discussion about some has been; anyone excited about the Hawks draft picks? I think it was a brilliant use of limited opportunities that will pay dividends. Bud Clark and Neal look to be solid additions to the defense. Cautiously optimistic on the running back. Later round picks have...
  8. Robert Engleheart

    What would you like to see restored before you die?

    Early summer run steel in the SW Washington rivers, salmon and steel spawning in the Upper Klamath Lake tributaries, Eel River dams come down.
  9. Robert Engleheart

    wolves...

    I’ve been fortunate to have had 3 encounters/sightings with wolves, 1 in Canada and 2 in Alaska. A pack lived very close to me in Alaska and I never saw any but heard them often. They are pretty unmistakable when sighted, the eyes were almost feline to me. The Canadian wolf we saw was on the...
  10. Robert Engleheart

    Life getting in the way of fishing... sigh

    OK, I’ll play. Retired 12 years ago at 61, no health issues and enough income with no bills to do pretty much what I want within reason. Kept a trailer on a NorCal steelhead river from October- April, friend living nearby was a flyfisher who would call with reports, river conditions, etc. Took...
  11. Robert Engleheart

    Urban fishing in Italy

    Thanks, that’s very cool.
  12. Robert Engleheart

    Interesting day in Central WA

    Look like very healthy feesh
  13. Robert Engleheart

    What you watching. 😆

    I did too when reading the books but it’s pronounced “Hairy Hole’” accent on the e.
  14. Robert Engleheart

    Island trip

    In my younger days I would have let the air out of all their tires, trailer included.
  15. Robert Engleheart

    Island trip

    I took my 17 year old nephew out on the Clackamas once when I was in Orygun. He is not a fisherman but likes the outdoors and as I only see him sporadically over the years, mostly at funerals or weddings, I wanted to get to know him a bit. We put in at McIver park, just below the hatchery outlet...
  16. Robert Engleheart

    11' 7wt Switch

    A reminder to those who haven’t fished Pyramid, fish will follow right to foot of ladder at times. Fly club member who fishes pyramid 200 days a year says not unusual to catch them at foot of his ladder.
  17. Robert Engleheart

    Pyram!d Lake Tips?

    Many stay in Reno: https://pyramidlakeflyfishing.com/travel-information/accomodations/ others camp.
  18. Robert Engleheart

    Pyram!d Lake Tips?

    These guys know the scene very well. Some good information on there: https://pyramidlakeflyfishing.com/our-story/
  19. Robert Engleheart

    Truck campers: Looking for lightweight options that won't break the bank

    To the OP, look up Ive of Ion’s posts about his Casa, some great modifications to a topper.
Back
Top