Search results

  1. skyriver

    The good boat deal thread

    Yeah, that's like 10 pounds more than the NRS ones. I wonder if it's mostly the 4" Removable Drop-Stitch Floor? That's gotta weigh a few pounds, but is probably a pretty sweet feature.
  2. skyriver

    Sand in wading boots

    I've been very impressed with the Orvis Pro Approach Hiker Salt. They also make just the Pro Approach Hiker in brown camo. So you gotta pick either the moon boot look with the salts or the camo look with the fresh. 😁 I researched a bunch with the specific issue of sand and/or coral getting...
  3. skyriver

    The good boat deal thread

    Maxxon rafts (which is what these are) and Catcher Craft frames both get pretty good praise. If I needed a very portable 3-man raft I'd probably pull the trigger on this one- https://catchercraft.com/products/quest-framed-raft-3-seat Not sure where you can beat that price and performance on a...
  4. skyriver

    Cruising Capr

    You had a barrel. I have a special rock. I cast to it every year. Going on 4 years now of casting to the "OMG, look at that giant" then after the 3rd or 4th cast..."oh, that dumb rock again". I'm hoping I'll remember next year! 😁
  5. skyriver

    Cruising Capr

    Sounds like a great day! One of my favorite lakes to fish in the gorge has willing cruisers. And yes, they seem to really go! They're usually the 9-12# range and go ballistic. Much more fun than the bigger ones that just put it in 4Low and tractor away. So cool you're getting these from the...
  6. skyriver

    Simms Disappointment

    My 2nd pair of the affordable Simms Riffle, the ones they made specifically for Cabelas, is leaking in the crotch just like the 1st pair did. The 1st pair started leaking in less than a season. This 2nd pair started after a pretty easy season. I'm done as well. I'll be looking for a new...
  7. skyriver

    Puget Sound

    Took 2 buddies out in the Lowe today. I met them both in college back in the fall of 1986. Been life-long friends ever since...thru good times and bad. I'm the jerk that got them both into fly fishing and bird hunting. 😁 We did tons of days and trips together back in the 80s & 90s, but then...
  8. skyriver

    The Final Fishing Trip

    Oh man. So sorry Coach. You're a great friend and I'm glad he got to go fishing. And what a double to remember! I hope Matt keeps his great attitude and finds peace. I just fished with 2 of my best friends today so this hit hard. Every day is a gift.
  9. skyriver

    Non-Fly Taking mom trolling Saturday

    Well, mom was happy. The wedding ring and worm did well, but the hot hook was the black wooly bugger. Dad had it behind a dodger and that proved to be a good fish hooker, but not a good fish catcher. The dodger made for a lot of lost fish. I replaced his bugger with a black Rooster tail (with...
  10. skyriver

    The good boat deal thread

    Edit- I should've Googled before such a statement...Google says this No, Maxxon does not own Catcher Craft; both Catcher Craft Frames and Maxxon Inflatables were acquired by GR8 Outdoors in 2025. So Maxxon rafts and Catcher Craft frames. The Wigeon is called a Wigeon by both companies so...
  11. skyriver

    Show me your bass

    This dude had me going for about 5 seconds. Got him from under a dock where I've missed a monster a few times now. And he had some pretty heavy salad along for the ride. The bass in this lake always look like Darth Vader fish with such dark eyes. I also caught a bull frog. Haha! I didn't get...
  12. skyriver

    The good boat deal thread

    Catcher Craft has a 50% off sale now thru Labor Day. I just picked up a Wigeon for $400. Too good a deal to pass, especially since my 2014 Commander is starting to show the abuse I've put on it. Here's just a few of things on sale. I'm not a rep, just got the feed in my Instagram and wanted to...
  13. skyriver

    Non-Fly Taking mom trolling Saturday

    The 450gr sinker will be on board and may do a little trolling...with a @clarkman fly attached. 😁 WF11I for casting too. My mom- "I want to see you catch a musky!" Haha! Well...
  14. skyriver

    Non-Fly Taking mom trolling Saturday

    When my kids were young, we would troll flies and a F3 or F4 frog colored Flatfish for planters. That frog flatfish caught 80% of our fish! These planters at Mayfield will be deeper than those April planters and all indications are the flasher or dodger game is hard to beat. The wedding ring...
  15. skyriver

    Non-Fly Taking mom trolling Saturday

    Ok, I'm 95% a fly guy so don't troll gear often, but I'm taking my 75 yr old mother out in the boat on Mayfield Saturday. She loves to fish and lives just minutes from the lake. I have 3 rods all setup and ready to troll. 1st rod has a 4.5" silver dodger with the iridescent sticker on it...
  16. skyriver

    NFR RIP Dolly Parton

    Dolly was funny, sexy, smart and a great song writer & player. Watching her make Johnny Carson blush while playing the guitar was awesome. I have no idea how she played that thing with those huge nails. Pure talent is the only answer. But most of all, she was a nice human. She gave away so...
  17. skyriver

    Monster bass (jk)

    You're making the most of this windy, cloudy and smokey summer!
  18. skyriver

    NFR My last stroke update and what was wrong with me officially

    Thanks Jerry. Glad you're wanting to push forward! Keep pushing!
  19. skyriver

    Puget Sound

    That wild is gorgeous. Freshy fresh!
Back
Top