Search results

  1. ColinShots

    Shops newsletters, reports and... hotspotting?

    I’m working on an email. Just trying to find the right tone so they’ll actually listen.
  2. ColinShots

    Shops newsletters, reports and... hotspotting?

    Agree with @mcswny on all of this. It can feel a bit like gate keeping, but I think you have that right if you put in the work to explore those blue lines on your own. These are small creeks, and simply can’t handle the potential amount of people and pressure being led to them.
  3. ColinShots

    Sling Packs & Nets

    I have an Orvis Guide Sling, and it's pretty comfortable with a diagonal net slot. It works great with a long handled net (I have a Fishpond Nomad mid-length). Not sure it would do so well with a short handled net.
  4. ColinShots

    What's in your vise?

    A couple size 12 hippie stompers.
  5. ColinShots

    Booby Pattern

    I have a lot of success with boobies tied with FNF Jelly Fritz in "Hulk" with white foam eyes. Tequila works pretty consistently as well. I tied a few more "natural" color patterns, like olive with black eyes, but haven't had a chance to fish them yet.
  6. ColinShots

    Redemption!

    I think that works for me.
  7. ColinShots

    Redemption!

    I’m sure you’ll be back there again soon, with or without me…
  8. ColinShots

    How to fish boobies? Need advice

    I fish them pretty similar to @Jonnytutu. I use a type 5 sink line with pretty fast, long-ish strips with some good pauses (most of the time). I usually fish them around 15-20ft.
  9. ColinShots

    Redemption!

    After my outing with @mcswny a couple of days ago where a hog (for this particular system) broke me off, and then where I ended up going for an unplanned swim, I needed a bit of redemption. The boy and I loaded up our 3wts and took the relatively short drive back to this particular creek...
  10. ColinShots

    What's in your vise?

    Just a little restock of some GRHE.
  11. ColinShots

    General Creek Opener

    Nah, more like this I think
  12. ColinShots

    General Creek Opener

    Hell of a day. Can’t wait to do it again next week. This little guy was definitely worth the swim.
  13. ColinShots

    Wading boots with good arch support

    I had a pretty bad case of plantar fasciitis, and had to put insoles in all of my shoes, including my wading boots. I use various Superfeet insoles in my street shoes, but found these Powerstep insoles work great in my wading boots. I've had them in for a year or more, and I have no complaints.
  14. ColinShots

    The good boat deal thread

    Looks like it sold already. I hope one of y'all got it.
  15. ColinShots

    The good boat deal thread

    Seems like a pretty sold deal. If I was in the market, I probably would have snatched this up. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/828885839165543/
  16. ColinShots

    Nymph boxes

    The Tacky boxes are great. If you want to save a few bucks, the Lost Creek Silicon Slim Fly Box at Sportsmans is pretty decent (and I'm sure this box is sold under a bunch of other generic brands).
  17. ColinShots

    What's in your vise?

    Just some simple bass stuff.
  18. ColinShots

    NFR What Are You Reading

    Rereading the Song of Ice and Fire books. I finished A Game of Thrones again last week, and moved on to A Clash of Kings this week. I think I’ve lost all hope that Winds of Winter or Dream of Spring will come out before Martin dies.
  19. ColinShots

    What's in your vise?

    @clarkman was able to crank out four flies tonight, while I could only manage one changer…
  20. ColinShots

    Merrill Lake closure

    I don't have an answer here, but I finally decided to get a Washington license this year, and Merrill was on my list to check out. Bummed if this is the case.
Back
Top