Search results

  1. ColinShots

    What's Catching You Fish?

    I’m on a work trip in Austin for two weeks, so I tied a few files before I left, and brought a glass 5wt to explore some smallish water in the hill country over the weekend. However, there is a pretty dirty pond across the street from my hotel, so I decided to check it out. I only had a half...
  2. ColinShots

    What's your favorite mono running line & why?

    Just spoiled up some Nam Hazumi (40lb), and I gotta say I really like it. I came from SA flat mono. Very low memory and it has a nice feel. It’s a bit pricy, but it has enough for two spools (or for a second spooling when it’s time).
  3. ColinShots

    Echo Indicator/Stillwater Rods?

    Another fan of the Stillwater over here.
  4. ColinShots

    What's Catching You Fish?

    Fall lake stuff.
  5. ColinShots

    What's in your vise?

    Some stillwater stuff.
  6. ColinShots

    Your best Wooly Bugger?

    I really like this olive and orange seal bugger for stillwater.
  7. ColinShots

    Richmond, VA Fly Fishing

    I certainly wasn’t leaving for two weeks without something to fish with.
  8. ColinShots

    Richmond, VA Fly Fishing

    Hey y'all. I'm in Richmond, VA for the next two weeks, and will probably have time to get away to fish for a day (or two) this weekend. I was thinking smallmouth on the James in town (I brought a 7wt and flies with me). If you have any local knowledge to share, it would be greatly appreciated...
  9. ColinShots

    Occupy Arkansas?

    Use https://archive.is/, paste the link into the black query field, and never get stuck behind a paywall again.
  10. ColinShots

    What's Catching You Fish?

    This chironomid put in some work today on the lake with my boy. This was the chunkiest, but the picture of him curled in the net doesn't seem to do him justice. It was a slab.
  11. ColinShots

    What's Catching You Fish?

    Super secret lake in our neck of the woods. 🤫
  12. ColinShots

    Idaho whitefish

    Pretty sure they’re native. From this link “Before talking about catching whitefish, let’s clear up a few misconceptions. Whitefish are not a so-called “trash fish,” they’re a native Idaho gamefish found in many rivers and streams, as well as some lakes. Some anglers might mistake them for...
  13. ColinShots

    What's in your vise?

    Some 16 rainbow warriors.
  14. ColinShots

    Float Tube Air Pressure

    I use an electric pump to get most of the way there (with my Stealth and float tube), and then finish off with this Advanced Elements pump that has a pressure gauge. Usually end up letting out some air once the sun has heated everything up.
  15. ColinShots

    Merrill Lake closure

    I’d have no idea what to do there. However, I’m happy to tag along with you one of these days…
  16. ColinShots

    Shops newsletters, reports and... hotspotting?

    It's probably time to wrap this one up after seven pages, as everyone's positions seem pretty well staked out at this point, including the shop in question. There are a few closing points I'd like to make though. First, I'm super disappointed this shop decided not to respond directly to my (or...
  17. ColinShots

    Shops newsletters, reports and... hotspotting?

    Yeah, what @mcswny said (I couldn't have said it better).
Back
Top