Search results

  1. ColinShots

    Cell Phone Pics

    The drop into the big dry side ditch was pretty this morning.
  2. ColinShots

    What's in your vise?

    Trying out some smaller patterns. They definitely still need some work. @mcswny I don’t know how you tie these in 20s. I can barely see what I’m doing on an 18.
  3. ColinShots

    What's in your vise?

    Some virtual vise night flies. A little smaller than the stuff @clarkman tied up.
  4. ColinShots

    Post your first fish of 2025 here

    @mcswny was absolutely positive neither of us would catch a fish…
  5. ColinShots

    Euro curious... on a budget.

    I did. And I also have no interest in tenkara or un tenkara…
  6. ColinShots

    What's in your vise?

    @mcswny FM5125
  7. ColinShots

    What's in your vise?

    It's either a Fulling Mill 5045 or 5125. I'll double check when I get back home to confirm.
  8. ColinShots

    What's in your vise?

    A couple Duracells
  9. ColinShots

    Euro curious... on a budget.

    Thanks for this. Super informative. I think I’m already sold on a Danielsson, but wondering if you (or @clarkman) have thoughts on the DryFly vs the F3W 2six or 4seven for euro duty.
  10. ColinShots

    Euro curious... on a budget.

    Man, as always, you guys are the best. I'll reach out to to everyone later this afternoon.
  11. ColinShots

    Euro curious... on a budget.

    Howdy y'all. I'm thinking about treating myself to a euro setup for this winter on the Deschutes, and since you guys and gals are the best, I wanted your opinion. I'm looking at some sub $300 rods (Echo Carbon XL and Shadow II, and that Edge rod that @clarkman likes), and some cheaper options on...
  12. ColinShots

    What's in your vise?

    Not a huge fan of tying intruders, but saw this Rambulance on the Portland Fly Shop’s instagram a few days ago and liked the look. I think the original recipe calls for craft fur, but I used finn raccoon instead (and brushes in place of dubbing loops). Now, if this rain would stop for a bit to...
  13. ColinShots

    NFR Watching football is not the same

    I can’t tell is this is a serious post or a troll job. If serious, the first speaker in a QBs helmet was in 1956, but became standard league wide in the early 90s. The thing in their arm is just a printed play reference sheet. And QBs audible all the time? If this is a just a troll, good job I...
  14. ColinShots

    Favorite fish/story/trip of 2024?

    I sure as shit wasn’t warm.
  15. ColinShots

    What's in your vise?

    Some marabou tubes.
  16. ColinShots

    Favorite fish/story/trip of 2024?

    That’s a day I’d like to forget. Although fishing with @clarkman certainly is an educational experience. I think my favorite fish moment of the year is a story in two parts. First, exploring some new water with you as soon as the rivers opened up (and going for an unfortunate, unplanned swim)...
  17. ColinShots

    Advice on finding quality fishing partners

    I totally get that (and probably contributed to others feeling that way when I was younger and worked in a snowboard shop), but I will say that I have never felt that way in the shop in town closer to the river.
  18. ColinShots

    FS NIB Patagonia Swiftcurrent Expedition Zip Waders - XRM

    Brand new in box Patagonia Swiftcurrent Expedition Zip waders, size XRM (extra large (48” girth), regular length (32” inseam), 9-11 foot size), with wading belt and leak patches/aquaseal. It turns out these were too long for me and I needed the shorts, which I had to buy from a different...
  19. ColinShots

    Simms Sells Again

    Probably the second one...
  20. ColinShots

    What's Catching You Fish?

    Thanks. Found the recipe on a Texas fly fishing forum post from like 20 years ago.
Back
Top