Search results

  1. ColinShots

    Best adhesive to reinforce level leech pin thread wraps?

    I dunk all my semi seal leeches, balanced or not, in almost boiling water. Does it really make a difference? I have no idea…
  2. ColinShots

    Best adhesive to reinforce level leech pin thread wraps?

    Any super glue, from the hardware store or fly shop, should do the trick for you. I just brush some on after I tie the pin on the hook shank.
  3. ColinShots

    What's in your vise?

    Yeah, that yellow stomper and a purple haze.
  4. ColinShots

    What's in your vise?

    Replenishing some attractors. Micro chubbies and hippie stompers.
  5. ColinShots

    What's Catching You Fish?

    Didn’t take many pictures, but this guy was productive.
  6. ColinShots

    83 years ago today.....

    Not to help continue the thread drift, but every Hardcore History series (and the one Blitz episodes) are so good. I give Ghosts of the Ostfront and Blueprint for Armageddon an annual listen.
  7. ColinShots

    83 years ago today.....

    I highly recommend Dan Carlin’s Hardcore History series on the war in the Pacific, “Supernova in the East.” It’s six episodes, and each episode is about five hours, so it’s a time commitment. It is fantastic though.
  8. ColinShots

    What's in your vise?

    That’s the plan my man.
  9. ColinShots

    What's in your vise?

    Big green drake film critic. Still refining and trying to figure these things out.
  10. ColinShots

    Late afternoons in Bend?

    Appreciate the intel. You're also the second person to emphasize the use of bug spray on the upper reaches, so I guess it must be no joke up there!
  11. ColinShots

    Late afternoons in Bend?

    Appreciate the offer. I'll either be taking off on the 14, or the afternoon of the 13th to get back for my kid's baseball tournament.
  12. ColinShots

    Late afternoons in Bend?

    Thanks. Despite not living in central Oregon, I've been subscribed to Jeff's fishing reports for years. I'm not really big fan of hiring guides, but I think a day on some stillwater with him would probably be amazing.
  13. ColinShots

    Late afternoons in Bend?

    Yeah, I’m going to pack the Stealth Pro.
  14. ColinShots

    Late afternoons in Bend?

    Hey y'all. I'll be in Bend for the next two weeks starting this Sunday for work. I think I have my weekend planned out, but would love to get out after work (between about 5 to 8:30-9) as much as I can. I checked out that other Central Oregon thread, and as always you guys are a great resource...
  15. ColinShots

    What's in your vise?

    It’s been months since I have sat down at the vise. Easing back in with a handful of rainbow warriors.
  16. ColinShots

    Deals at online Retailers

    East Rosebud is having a 30% off Orvis sale.
  17. ColinShots

    Tippet ring quality

    I've seen those before... I think they're from this guy on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/str/skagitanglers
  18. ColinShots

    What's in your vise?

    Used a @Scottp SBS from the old site (thanks for sending it my way @mcswny) and I’m a bit happier with this one. Also, that diy gallows tool was a lifesaver.
  19. ColinShots

    Vibram or felt sole..?

    I was a full believer in felt/studded felt, but since I started using the Korkers River Ops with the studded Vibram soles, I don't really feel the need to go back to felt. I still have felt soles to throw on them if the need arises, but it hasn't yet. Vibram without the studs probably wouldn't...
Back
Top