Search results

  1. Roper

    Intel for Chopaka

    Lowland lakes in the area are hit and miss. Not big numbers, but the occasional pig.
  2. Roper

    Pikeminnow Sport-Reward Fishery Program

    Can they be caught from shore?
  3. Roper

    The Camp Chef: An introduction for those who don't know me

    Hey Jerry, I have the Camp Chef one burner for my wok. I’m thinking about getting the griddle. Does it have to be seasoned?
  4. Roper

    Gobble, gobble

    One of the hens scratched out a dust bath. And proceeded to flutter her wings getting the dust all up around her. And I also noticed the drag marks in the driveway from the strutting Tom.
  5. Roper

    Gobble, gobble

    This morning, the neighborhood was invaded by turkeys. At last count, there were five Tom‘s and three hens. I was able to call one in to the end of the driveway. But it would not commit to my deke. Besides, I was sitting in the dining room sipping on my morning chai. I wasn’t exactly set up for...
  6. Roper

    Post your first fish of 2025 here

    Ice off finally happened. It took a while but it happened. Nice to know they’re still here.
  7. Roper

    Earthquakes abound!

    In the Highlands above Oroville, I was awakened last night with a bit of shaking. That’s the first time it’s ever happened up here. At first, I thought I was dreaming, but then realized that was what woke me up. From what I see on the web the epicenter was near Tonasket. A 3.2.
  8. Roper

    Non-stick vs cast iron vs carbon steel.

    You’re not gonna eat all 100 in one sitting are you?
  9. Roper

    Bamboo in the Desert

    Swarovski binoculars…$$$ It’s good that you got out and enjoyed those nice rods…
  10. Roper

    Non-stick vs cast iron vs carbon steel.

    The other downside to nonstick pans, I didn’t address. That is that ghee, bacon fat, and oil all tend to pool up and not coat the pan evenly. I know that cast-iron does much better and I’m hoping carbon steel will also.
  11. Roper

    Non-stick vs cast iron vs carbon steel.

    I have a Le Cruset and love it. The Lodge is probably cheaper, same functionality.
  12. Roper

    Non-stick vs cast iron vs carbon steel.

    It’s been my experience that nonstick pans only lasts between three and five years. After that, the nonstick property doesn’t do the job very well, if at all. So I have been researching alternatives. I have several cast-iron pans, but I don’t use them very often. I find them heavy and cleaning...
  13. Roper

    Anyone doing sous vide smoked ribs?

    Ive, do you end up with medium rare?
  14. Roper

    What are you listening to?

    The soundtrack from “Chef”… and making pico de gallo.
  15. Roper

    FS A few things to move on

    Hey Bob, just the other day I was wondering how you’ve been, well I hope. Sorry, no interest in the items though.
  16. Roper

    SFR What You Can Take Through TSA

    I’m glad I have no desire to fish anywhere that I can’t drive to…
  17. Roper

    Heart break hotel (stories of despair)

    @Tim L and @Islander are my witnesses. Little dinky lake that’s a favorite. No one could buy a fish and this Cuttie slams my fly. What a ride! Just barely within reach of my net and it was gone. I haven’t cursed that much in a while…it was a beast!
  18. Roper

    What Are You Eating?

    New York Strip, topped with Gorgonzola, paired with butternut squash faro…
Back
Top