Search results

  1. Roper

    SOLD Crestliner 1258 Outreach $2000

    I could buy it and hold it for you at the property
  2. Roper

    SOLD Crestliner 1258 Outreach $2000

    My wife would shoot me…
  3. Roper

    I Rarely Fish Weekends………..

    Yeah @Scott Salzer, I was thinking the same thing. He can really piss you off sometime. Jealously…
  4. Roper

    BRRR! 49 seems damned chilly after 3 days of 99/100 last week...

    I’m loving the change in the weather around Everett this week. I’m watching the weather at the ranch and want to head up soon, it’s been really hot. Grouse opens the 15th…
  5. Roper

    Wok woes

    I finally used my wok and Camp Chef for my first stir fry. I seasoned it whet I got it according to the instructions. It cooks like a dream but cleanup was problematic. The seasoning is flaking off as shown in the photos. I need advice on how to fix this, please! The stir fry was delicious…
  6. Roper

    Lake craft recommendation

    Despite @iveofione having a rather unfavorable opinion, I like my Watermaster. Sure it’s not the fastest thing on the water, but it is stable, it is comfortable and I’ve grown accustomed to it. There is that, and I’ve caught a hell of a lot of fish in it.
  7. Roper

    Lake craft recommendation

    Dammit Buzzy, now I’ve got that tune stuck in my head…
  8. Roper

    SFR I hope this is the end of it!

    I was just up at the ranch above Oroville for a few days. Temps during the day were high 80s and 90s. Thankfully, the evenings got really cool, one morning I woke up and it was 59 in the house. I had the bedroom windows open all night.
  9. Roper

    August black bears

    What’s the season?
  10. Roper

    Lacto fermentation

    Hey Zak, my usual red onion pickling goes like this, steep in hot water for 20 minutes. Drain and cover with 1 to 2 cups of fresh squeezed lime juice…and some salt.
  11. Roper

    Lacto fermentation

    Has anyone fermented red onions?
  12. Roper

    Bamboo and difficult brookies

    Hey Dave, sweet get away. I take it your Granger is 8’6” 4 weight, 2 piece, yes? ( still learning)
  13. Roper

    Watermaster who fishing them?

    I’ve had a Grizzly for years. I like it more than a pontoon I had. The only issue is how slow it rows, due to its large surface tension. But that helps it hold better in the wind. Otherwise I love it…
  14. Roper

    Personal Health?

    Well, I really don’t know how but I seem to have dropped about 10 pounds. I weighed myself last week. I’m at 154. I have noticed that my pants are fitting a lot looser and I have to cinch my belt up more. The odd thing is I really haven’t changed much of anything. I walk anywhere from a mile and...
  15. Roper

    The Fling has flung…

    Surprisingly enough, you can find them in the shallows.
  16. Roper

    NFR Rats.... @#$%ing rats.

    Yard Butler…! Use a thin diameter rod to find the tunnels around the mound and bait the hell out of them.
  17. Roper

    NFR Rats.... @#$%ing rats.

    Tomcat traps! Be sure to tie and stake down. Bait choice is up to you…
  18. Roper

    Chopaka's Evolution

    Well, truth be known Chopaka is where I learned to fly fish. This was back in the day of round float tubes and neoprene waders. Chopaka emergers, just shy of the weed bed in the south end where the ticket. That and along with the shoal directly across from the launch. My best visit there was the...
  19. Roper

    Chopaka's Evolution

    I’m done with Chopaka…too many other good lakes in the Okanogan.
  20. Roper

    The original knife thread.

    I have that, non-serrated…
Back
Top