Search results

  1. Roper

    Ice fog fishing on a N. central WA lake 10/30/2025

    It’s funny, for all the years I have fished that lake I have never done a stomach sample of a fish. But I know there are scuds in the lake.
  2. Roper

    First Snow Teaser

    Wax the skis…
  3. Roper

    Mushroom and other wild edible foraging

    Out in the backyard this afternoon I found these. Don’t know why the bluish tint in the photos, iPhone glitch.
  4. Roper

    Cleaning, stretching, and storing fly lines

    I love it! I may just steal your idea…
  5. Roper

    Cleaning, stretching, and storing fly lines

    Maybe this is overkill and maybe I’m just a little AR. But I put a reel on a rod recently that I hadn’t touched for quite a while. The memory in the line was unbelievable. It looked like little Shirley Temple curls. So that got me thinking, yeah, I know I’m in trouble now. I’m pretty much done...
  6. Roper

    Rod tip issue

    So the first thing I want to know is, how did you know I have a micrometer? 😀 Along with my ongoing research, I now see it should be simple to replace the tip top. And thank you for the lesson in nomenclature. After a family get together for Sunday breakfast, I will probably remove the tip top...
  7. Roper

    Rod tip issue

    I’m thinking I might just make a day of heading over to Redington on Bainbridge. Bring the rod and see what they say, hell, what else do I have to do? (MEW) IYKYK…
  8. Roper

    Worrisome Trend?

    Personally, I wish more would quit. Especially on the lakes I like to fish… 😀
  9. Roper

    Rod tip issue

    I was cleaning a couple of rods when I noticed something. The eyelet on my rod tip has several deep grooves in it. This rod is the one that I use most often with a full sink line, casting and stripping. Before too long, I believe the groove will be cut all the way through the eyelet. No Bueno! I...
  10. Roper

    Wow!

    Just sharing a sunset from the ranch
  11. Roper

    What Are You Eating?

    Gochujang miso pulled pork shoulder, ginger pickled carrots, pickled jalapeños.
  12. Roper

    Not just local fly shops are closing (not that Orvis is anything but a clothing store now)

    Maybe if they didn’t import everything from somewhereistan…
  13. Roper

    Old406Kid 🥳

    Happy Birthday Dean!
  14. Roper

    Stay safe

    Then let’s see the whole story, not some stupid clip…or STHU. I’m tired of click bait…
  15. Roper

    How did you end up in your career?

    In high school I wanted to be an art teacher. But by my senior year that had faded and I quit before graduation. I went to work, roofing. At 125 soaking wet, I was the grunt. When snow started to fall, I quit and moved to Log Island. I got an apprenticeship in a family machine shop doing sheet...
  16. Roper

    SOLD Crestliner 1258 Outreach $2000

    Yep, well that settles that, congrats to the new owner…
  17. Roper

    SOLD Crestliner 1258 Outreach $2000

    What is the overall length of the boat and trailer? I might have room in my shop.
  18. Roper

    Pepper potpourri

    Here’s my half-assed way I did them. Halved, stripped seeds and ribs. Ziplocked and in the freezer…
  19. Roper

    Pepper potpourri

    Can I just clean and freeze them?
  20. Roper

    Pepper potpourri

    I got a bunch of peppers from a good friend of mine couple of days ago. The long, thin green ones have already turned red. I don’t cook that much with peppers just a little. But I want to preserve as many of these as I can. What’s the best way? I’m going to pickle some of the jalapeños. I’ve...
Back
Top