Search results

  1. Roper

    Guns

    Krusty, I got a Ruger MKIV a year or so ago. I had a Volquartzen trigger put in it, and love it. I got the 22-45 model because it has the same ergonomics as a 1911. It has a red dot and it’s a tack driver. Easy peasy to clean!
  2. Roper

    Guns

    I have 3 Kimbers and a Springfield Armory in 45 and 9. The Kimbers are stainless. None of them were much over $800. The biggest difference to Glocks is the trigger. I bought one and sold it after a few trips to the range. I practice with and will stick with cocked and locked with a crisp short...
  3. Roper

    Guns

    I shoot a lot of different guns, for fun and protection. My EDC, depending on where and when is either a 1911 or a J-frame D/A revolver. You couldn’t give me a striker fired gun, JMHO. I’ve also added a Byrna CL to my arsenal.
  4. Roper

    What Are You Eating?

    Just finished my brunch…
  5. Roper

    Pass Lake Toxic Algae report.

    Toad!
  6. Roper

    Hunting pictures

    My White Lightning in 16 bore. I also have a 625 in 12 and BPS in 16. You could say I like Brownings…
  7. Roper

    Hunting pictures

    I love the Prince of Wales grips on the Brownings…
  8. Roper

    Ending in a sad note...

    Wishing you a fishy new year, Shawn. I hope to see you in the highlands in the spring.
  9. Roper

    NFR New current updates on my stroke

    Hang in there Jerry!
  10. Roper

    New Pup, First Bird

    Sasha, my first standard poodle was a burr magnet…
  11. Roper

    Fly Fishing Elitism?

    OMG, that guy was such a tool…
  12. Roper

    Do you decorate?

    The Mrs. does, I’m the Grinch…
  13. Roper

    12ga pump shopping

    I have two of them, 12 and 16 bore. Always a favorite in a crowded blind, not chucking hulls at your friends.
  14. Roper

    What Are You Eating?

    Marsala chicken with emmer farro… ‘
  15. Roper

    A Very Thankful Thursday

    You’re following the MEW’s advice to the hilt…
  16. Roper

    Mushroom and other wild edible foraging

    If memory serves me right, and that’s a stretch, these are the fun ones. The last time I had some “tea” with these it was a laugh fest.
  17. Roper

    Affordable places you would actually want to live

    Cody, Wyoming…
  18. Roper

    Gunfire and Brain Injury

    I’ve shot at a local indoor range for decades. I wear double protection for my ears, plugs and muffs. I also reload a lot and cast bullets. Every year during my exam and blood draw I have them check for lead. Nothing. As far as any effect from gun blasts, I haven’t experienced any. I am either...
  19. Roper

    4th Annual BHA Public Lands Yard Sale...

    With all the rocks in mine, I’d wager it pushes 15 pounds.
  20. Roper

    My first blacktail

    That should be some good eating…enjoy!
Back
Top