Search results

  1. Roper

    Smokai

    So here’s the funny part of the equation. I have been buying Costco salmon fillets and sharing them with my neighbor. He has a smoker. He gets to keep one, I get to keep the other one. So far, it’s a pretty good deal… but I’m thinking of doing some on my own.
  2. Roper

    Smokai

    That is an interesting build, I like it.
  3. Roper

    Holsters

    I’m thinking you’re questioning the thumb release…
  4. Roper

    Smokai

    Primarily salmon…
  5. Roper

    Smokai

    So, i’m somewhat intrigued by the concept of turning my gas grill into a smoker. There’s not a lot of information on the website for the smoker and how to use it. I also think it would be a lot of fun to build a wooden smoker. So my question to you all is have any of you purchased and used one...
  6. Roper

    Guns

    I also have a SS in 32 H&R magnum. I may have gone a little overboard with Bastogne walnut grips from CLC. Oh well…
  7. Roper

    Holsters

    I’ve never felt the need to carry while fishing, because I fish stillwater. But I do carry while upland hunting and walking at the ranch and in Everett. Upland I carry anywhere from 9mm to 45 Colt. It depends on what I might come across. But either one is always OWB. By upland I mean forest grouse…
  8. Roper

    Guns

    I’ve been eyeing their 357 in color case hardening with octagon barrel, same issue…
  9. Roper

    Guns

    Mild, actually fun to shoot
  10. Roper

    Guns

    Commercial ammo can be scarce, I reload for Long and Magnum…and I love my 432. Great sights and trigger.
  11. Roper

    Yearly check ups... please

    Yearly, I get it done…and more.
  12. Roper

    Guns

    The EMP4 is a scaled down 1911 by Springfield, one could say similar to an Officers Model Colt. It holds 10 rounds of 9mm. I love it. More concealable than my full size Kimbers. I also have Kimber Ultra carry in 45acp, not fun to shoot.
  13. Roper

    Guns

    So, here are my EDC choices. Based on where and when. Byrna CL, Springfield EMP4 9mm, S&W 432 in 32 H&R magnum. Like others, I have a holster collection trying to find the right one. My preference is leather OWB. Kydex is too bulky and doesn’t conform to the waist. The Byrna sits in a belly band...
  14. Roper

    Guns

    Yup, 1895GS.
  15. Roper

    Guns

    Like this? After shooting full power loads I’ve gone subsonic with 405 grain lead…much more pleasant.
  16. Roper

    Guns

    That’s a crazy combo. Not too far from my collection. I’ll bet you don’t have any 32-20 though. 😀 We should do a day at the range sometime…
  17. Roper

    Guns

    I’ve weeded out those that aren’t best suited for the task at hand. Why keep an arm that doesn’t preform?
  18. Roper

    Let’s remember today

  19. Roper

    Guns

    So, buy a Glock and fix it…? Don’t know about the RXM but the only decent trigger on a Ruger is their SA revolvers, IMHO…One last comment, 19 generations on Glock, how many on a 1911? Asking for a friend…😀
  20. Roper

    Guns

    Ditto on Massad Ayoob’s In The Gravest Extreme!
Back
Top