Search results

  1. Roper

    SFR AI imagining...it's fun!

    Original art is all I desire… in all its forms.
  2. Roper

    SFR AI imagining...it's fun!

    I’m not a big fan of change. I need to say that upfront. So you can imagine what my opinion of AI is. I see it as a double edged sword, and if it cuts one way, it could be a big problem.
  3. Roper

    Heads-Up for Chopoka Anglers

    So maybe a couple of guys could get entrepreneurial, cut the lock, set up their own lock, and then man the gate and charge a fee.
  4. Roper

    Heads-Up for Chopoka Anglers

    Should be good fishing if it reopens… but there’s always the get arounds…
  5. Roper

    Seeger watch

    Can you put those olives in a martini?
  6. Roper

    Heads-Up for Chopoka Anglers

    Where’s my popcorn?
  7. Roper

    Lewis Street Boat Launch Bathroom

    A couple of years ago, we were pleased to find out that they had improved the parking lot, launch area and built a vault toilet at Blue Lake. Then the Bubbas struck. The first stunt was pulling donuts in the gravel to where the parking area now is rippled. Then they decided that the vault toilet...
  8. Roper

    YOLO! - FlyBillz' First Bamboo Build

    Mike, I assume the tips of those tines would be steam bent is that true?
  9. Roper

    Poor mans retirement. Panama?

    That’s why there’s Irish whiskey…
  10. Roper

    Poor mans retirement. Panama?

    I’d consider Ireland, thanks to St. Patrick…😄
  11. Roper

    The original knife thread.

    Hey @Zak, I bought this knife from Milk Street. It was a collaboration with Henkles. If I had it to do over, I would look for a genuine Japanese Nakiri. The handle on mine is not comfortable and has square edges. Genuine ones have round handles and they’re larger. Functionally it’s not a huge...
  12. Roper

    The original knife thread.

    Here’s something a little different…
  13. Roper

    Western Water, or lack thereof

    “ they paved paradise and put up a parking lot…” “ they cut down the trees, put them in a tree museum” IYKYK
  14. Roper

    NFR Alcohol going out of style

    My goodness I’m old school. When I borrowed my friend's car at 17, I found freedom. The open road was my new best friend. About the same time I discovered beer. Many miles and many beers later I’ve gone through several years of sobriety to return to being able to drink responsibly. Next week...
  15. Roper

    Holsters

    I like the second one…
  16. Roper

    Holsters

    I’ve never had a IWB holster or a kydex one either. So I can’t say with any first hand experience, but I think it would be very uncomfortable. Hard plastic and gun against your tidy whitees can’t feel good. The only other scary carry would be kydex IWB and appendix. My cojones are never in...
  17. Roper

    Holsters

    I’m very partial to leather holsters, in fact that’s all I have. The one for my revolver is almost too sexy to conceal. That’s ostrich leg embellishment on it. Both of these are very comfortable to carry between 3 and 4 o’clock.
  18. Roper

    NFR Alcohol going out of style

    Try Deschutes Black Butte N/A
Back
Top