Search results

  1. D

    Intel for Chopaka

    I think the motivation for not naming well know lakes isn't really about being zipper lip. Some of it is having fun with names. When Steve says arid cataract lake or I say tall bird meadow lake in Central Oregon, I'm sure 95 percent of people on here know what lake we are talking about. It's fun...
  2. D

    PNW Fly Fishing Semi-Official Swap, Shop, Fish & Eat - May 17, 2025

    Maybe think of it as a good deed you are doing for all the boats going halibut fishing that weekend? And hopefully there is a little karma in it for you. Plus you are a better person than me. My wife and daughter are now going out of town that weekend. While I really was looking forward to a...
  3. D

    SOLD G. Loomis IMX Pro 9’ Six Weight

    Somebody buy this. I don't need another 6 wt but this is a good stick.
  4. D

    What's Catching You Fish?

    Love seeing all that water in that lake! And nice job on the ditch pickles!
  5. D

    Another May 17 SWAP thread - Your wants and haves (gear)

    Got to at least try for muskies. I figure when in Rome and all that....
  6. D

    Another May 17 SWAP thread - Your wants and haves (gear)

    Wants: Flies for Christmas Island. 8 wt bonefish line. 12wt GT line. Flats boots size 10. One musky fly. Sling. Have: cash. NIB Freestone waders. 8 wt St. Croix rod. Child size SUP. Bivy sack. Added: channel markers for the bobber fisherman with everything, rod hold that sticks to the hood and...
  7. D

    Post your first fish of 2025 here

    Interesting. Any chance you might be doing a trip report?
  8. D

    Heart break hotel (stories of despair)

    Back in the mid 2000s, four of us went on a 3 day exploratory trip to the central Washington lakes. Second day we split up into groups to try out different hike-in lakes. Met back up that afternoon. Asked the other group how they did - lousy, only one decent fish on the whole day, but it was...
  9. D

    Official 2025 CARP (and Capr) thread

    Love it. This is the year I am going to give carp a try.
  10. D

    Mushroom and other wild edible foraging

    The places I was able to find morels last year are up in the mountains. Probably be another month or so
  11. D

    Boat rentals?

    Lake Billy Chinook is about 2 hours away, and has boat rentals at Cove Palisades. Probably a little more than what you are looking for though. Spring fishing for bulls in LBC has been on the want-to-do list for awhile.... Central Oregon has a several fun lakes with boat rentals, but more like...
  12. D

    Upcoming BC Trips

    During the first Trump administration I got put on a list. For about a year, every boarding pass had "ssss". Fun times. They'd shut down the security line I was in while I got very thoroughly checked. Got interviewed by the FBI in the Paris airport. Small airports didn't know what to do with me...
  13. D

    GONE Northwest Fly Fishing magazines

    I have about 30-40 old issues of Northwest Fly Fishing magazines from the mid 2000's. Free pickup if anyone in the Portland area wants them. I'm in outer-ish SE.
  14. D

    Why Do You Troll?

    I have a hard time sitting still when fishing. I like to move around and check out different areas of the lake. I'll usually troll for a bit then when I see something interesting that might hold fish, will do some targeted casting and stripping. For me, I have a hard time staring at a bobber...
  15. D

    The FINal - #2 Tarpon vs. #13 Roosterfish

    Two great fish for sure. Tough to pick.
  16. D

    Final 4 matchup #1 - #1 Golden Dorado vs. #13 Roosterfish

    LM might not even make the list for the top four to fish for near Soap Lake.....
  17. D

    Deals at online Retailers

    I started tying flies to save money about a year ago. So far so good - probably only in the negative about $500 or so. I'm sure I'll be up soon!
  18. D

    SFR Los Barriles Mexico Over Thanksgiving

    Wait, we can put video into posts?????
  19. D

    Elite Eight matchup #1 - #1 Golden Dorado vs. #9 Striped Marlin

    It's March Madness for fish that are fun to catch on a fly at a destination fishery - each poll is a match up in the tournament bracket. I'm enjoying the polls. It's a slow time of year, fun to day dream about cool fish and cool places to fish for them.
Back
Top