Search results

  1. D

    2025 Tuna and Exotics

    That sounds like a doable scenario with a fly rod. @SilverFly must be salivating ...
  2. D

    Non-Fly trout?

    Kastmasters. Canadian Wonders. Well, 30 years ago those worked.
  3. D

    Wanted Redington Crosswater 5/6 8'6" rod

    Looking for a Redington Crosswater 5/6 8'6" fly rod for my daughter.
  4. D

    Here Gallo, Gallo

    Sorry for the delay, I had hoped to finish this before heading out of town, but it didn't happen Part Two Tuesday. The guide wanted to get an earlier start, so we met at the boat launch at 4:30. Went to catch bait at a different beach. This beach had a lot of bait, we'd slowly go a long a few...
  5. D

    NFR Fun magic tricks to do at the camp

    I can open a bottle of wine with a shoe.
  6. D

    Here Gallo, Gallo

    Late trip report. A friend and I went on a quick fishing trip targeting grande roosters in southern Baja at the beginning of June. This was my second time fishing for roosters, we'd done the same trip with the same guide last year. We flew in to Cabo on a Friday with cloudy skies and cooler...
  7. D

    Stillwater Cougar

    Those WSU sombreros are sweet hats. You definitely blew it - you could have asked him where he got it and then be one of the cool kids! I tried to wear that hat last fall for marlin fishing in Mexico, but it kept getting blown off while chasing the bait balls.
  8. D

    Annual Columbia gorge trip

    Is Dinty's the place with the ice cream? That place makes the BEST milkshakes. My kid's favorite place to camp is Cottonwood canyon. I think it's because we always stop for milkshakes in Biggs on the way home.
  9. D

    Cracks in Thule Cargo Box

    I bought it off Craigslist in 2017 or 2018. See a lot of miles and hard use since then. Hmmm. I'll hit the hardware store and see if I can figure out some sort of sandwich plate.
  10. D

    Cracks in Thule Cargo Box

    I was getting ready to put my Thule cargo box on the car for the summer when I noticed the anchor points have all developed cracks (see photo). I am guessing the cracks are not fixable, but thought I would check here before I went out and bought a new box. Thank you for any input!
  11. D

    Late afternoons in Bend?

    I'll be in Sunriver for a week starting on June 14th. If you are still in Bend then, I know the some of lakes pretty well if you'd like to meet up for an after work lake outing.
  12. D

    The Giant Tarpon of Homosassa

    Fish in socks or bare feet. Helps keep the line free.
  13. D

    Voyage to Saint Brendan's Island (Mauritius - April 2025)

    Great storytelling. Great pictures. Great information. All around looked like a great adventure.
  14. D

    SOLD Bivy Sack

    I'm in Portland. Where are you at - I think some place up north? Or I could mail it to you, you can try it out, and if it fits, mail me the pack. If it doesn't fit, I can pick it up some time. It's not like I am using it...
  15. D

    SOLD Bivy Sack

    Hmmm. How do we figure that out?
  16. D

    SOLD Bivy Sack

    Yep. That would be a fine trade!
  17. D

    SOLD Bivy Sack

    Outdoor Research Advanced Bivy Sack. It's probably 22 years or so old, used once or twice then misplaced for about 15 years. Pretty fun for sleeping in the snow or any place you want to pack light! Looking to trade for Xmas Island stuff - flies, sunglasses, waterproof backpack type stuff. Or...
  18. D

    Voyage to Saint Brendan's Island (Mauritius - April 2025)

    Dime's posts inspire me - its just good stuff. They are fishing posts, well they are top tier fishing posts, but he makes his trips into more than just fishing. I enjoy the background and the photos. And I can't wait to hear about the fishing. And I'm glad someone else gets that "What the hell...
  19. D

    Intermediate lines

    Same. Great line, once it actually starts sinking. Last Cortland clear I bought, probably 5 years ago, didn't seem the same as the older Cortland Clear lines I had.
  20. D

    By catch

    Got out Friday night. Third cast targeting edge of the cattails hooked into a nice fish. Kept trying to get into the cattails which was a little strange for a trout. Eventually pulled it a way and got it in after a good fight. A good surprise - real nice largemouth!
Back
Top