Search results

  1. D

    Wanted BOUGHT Fish Cat 4 Float Tube

    My wife's float tube died (a friend wanted to try out fly fishing - took him out on a lake, he caught a couple of fish, but the float tube did not survive the experience). Anyone in the greater Portland or Bend area have an Outcast fish cat 4 in good shape they aren't using and would be...
  2. D

    How many rods have you broken?

    A DS2 5wt was my first fly rod and only rod for years also. It leapt out of my float tube one day when I set it down with the line still out. I kicked around a couple hours hoping it would resurface. Nope. Now I tether a rod when I set it down. I learn. Slowly.
  3. D

    How many rods have you broken?

    I can think of 6 off the top of my head. TFO BVK 5wt and 6wt. Set on top of car after taking out of one lake with the plan to drive to another lake to continue fishing. Watched them bounce down Cascade Lakes Highway in the side view mirror. Sage RPL 5wt. Snagged on the umpteenth tree in a lake...
  4. D

    Deals at online Retailers

    I've been trying to find a 5 wt that's a good fit for my daughter. Thinking this might be a fit...
  5. D

    2025 Tuna and Exotics

    Its more trying to get the fish to the gaff without pulling the leader through the tip for me. This seems to be where I go wrong.
  6. D

    Hostile Fisheries

    A small lake in central Washington back 15-18 years ago. Spent so many hours in my float tube cooking in the sun not catching fish while my buddy would pull out 4-5 huge rainbows each time. And when I was fortunate enough to be woken up by a fish, it usually schooled me.
  7. D

    Wickiup - Crane -East - Paulina Warning.

    Couple years ago I stopped at Sheep Bridge with my pontoon in the back of my truck. Walked down river a little. Gone maybe 5 minutes. When I got back, one of the oars was gone from my pontoon.
  8. D

    2025 Tuna and Exotics

    Sadly, that is comforting. Though I was thinking of myself as a sort of record setting tuna fisherman until your post :).
  9. D

    2025 Tuna and Exotics

    Tuna fishing was a blast. I think more than half the fish were on the slide or casting (casting is a generous term, with the wind and the bouncing, it was really get the line out 5 feet from the boat and let it sink then strip). With the boat drifting so fast in the wind, it paid off to not be...
  10. D

    Deals at online Retailers

    Timely. Like it was meant to be. 12wt on the way.
  11. D

    2025 Tuna and Exotics

    Striped marlin on a fly rod are a great fight. They go on runs, they jump, they stay shallow, and when they get tired they come in without turning on their sides and doing a death spiral. Like fighting a dorado, but bigger, stronger, faster. I've caught one striped marlin on a gear rod and it...
  12. D

    Boat Fly Box $15 Sold

    That's a lot of boats. I'll bring the box next Saturday and we can figure it out :).
  13. D

    Boat Fly Box $15 Sold

    I'll trade it for a ride in your boat some time :).
  14. D

    Bucket list?

    Warm water trip - Mag Bay in Nov/Dec (though it is supposed to be good fishing year around). Not to hot that time of year, should be able to find an outfit that will let you mix fly and gear. Remote but still pretty straightforward to get to. Negatives - probably to late to get anything good...
  15. D

    Prowler Float Tube

    You might want to also look at the Fishcat 5. Great tube for the larger (or just heavier) person. Has the foam seat though.
  16. D

    Deals at online Retailers

    Spawn Flyfishing has 20% off all fly tying stuff, 30% off their stuff.
  17. D

    2025 Tuna and Exotics

    That is a flat ocean. Wow.
  18. D

    GONE - Thule Cargo Box

    Roughly 88".
  19. D

    GONE - Thule Cargo Box

    Free Thule Mountaineer cargo box for pick up in outer SE Portland. Has cracks around the anchor points, but it sounds like those can be addressed with a some elbow grease. See discussion on how to repair here. I ended up buying a new one (that actually fits my car, no more bonking my head on a...
Back
Top