Search results

  1. D

    Mag Bay 2026 trip in the works... want in?

    Long run to the marlin grounds from San Carlos, that's all. Just throwing out some alternatives.
  2. D

    Mag Bay 2026 trip in the works... want in?

    There's a really basic 4 room hotel in Chale. Electricity is off solar. One restaurant. I have the contact info somewhere. When I get home I will dig it out and DM you. But it might be easier and definitely more comfortable to stay in Constitucion and fish out of Chsle. About a 50 minute drive
  3. D

    Mag Bay 2026 trip in the works... want in?

    It was maybe 40 minutes to the fishing grounds from Puerto Chale. Hopefully the fish camp on one of the barrier islands wil be closer.
  4. D

    Merry Christmas to all!

    Christmas Eve at the ER with my daughter. Didn't expect cashews in an artichoke spinach dip. Couple epi pens and its all good now. Merry Christmas all!
  5. D

    Changes

    Yeah, that's why I've tried to go in August the past few years. Got an extra hour of fishing out of it since sunrise was earlier. Have to try to get on your boat next year!
  6. D

    Mag Bay 2026 trip in the works... want in?

    If you haven't been to Mag Bay for striped marlin - this is a fishery I don't think you will regret doing. I went a year ago. When I was there, dolphins, whales, sea lions and turtles everywhere. Electric blue striped marlin everywhere. No throwing bait. You are casting to aggressive fast moving...
  7. D

    Stillwater fly box: balanced flies

    Dang, that's a good deal.
  8. D

    Casting instruction

    And if you don't mind sending the contact info to me also, I'd appreciate it! I really need to work on my casting.
  9. D

    Annual favorite fish of the year thread.

    Like a couple other posters, it's been a really hard year for me. It seems like "Clay Pigeons" has been the theme song for the year. I've thought back, and can't really come up with a favorite fish. Instead, I think my favorite fishing moment was going out for a day of tuna fishing with @Matt...
  10. D

    Magdalena Bay Report

    A friend starts 4 days of marlin fishing tomorrow in Mag Bay. I'm jealous of you all. Should probably go back next year.
  11. D

    In which Nighty bumbles through the hill country, and Matt B is par excellence.

    Hmmm. Last time I fished with Matt B., I broke two rods. Probably just a coincidence.
  12. D

    FS Watercraft firesale (pontoon, 16x48 driftboat)

    How stable is the Dragon Fly? Can two people be standing with it still being pretty stable?
  13. D

    Non-Fly PDX fly shop for saltwater flies?

    I've gotten some good saltwater flies from the Caddis fly shop in Eugene.
  14. D

    End of season Browns

    Monday and Wednesday were wading the shorelines. Tuesday was floating tubing which I figure was why I mostly got rainbows that day even though I was staying pretty shallow. Used a leech the whole time, never had a reason to switch (though I went thru about a dozen).
  15. D

    End of season Browns

    Have some unplanned free time, so met up with a friend to fish for some central Oregon browns. My friend got there a couple days before me, and got the fishing dialed in. My first day was Monday, and it was steady fishing all day - one of those times when if you went more than 5-6 casts without...
  16. D

    How did you end up in your career?

    I got an accounting degree out of college. Went to work for a small CPA firm, got my CPA license. Work for CPA firms for a few years. I really like accounting, doing taxes, etc. But....it wasn't exactly fulfilling. In college, my girlfriend and I had spent a summer backpacking in Europe. We...
  17. D

    Bend area in middle of October (updated with trip report)

    Thinking about it more, Paulina might be tough in a tube. I've always used a pontoon on it. It's a pretty long kick to the better shore line for browns. Also, watch the weather that time of year. All those lakes are big (except Hosmer) and high up, and can be really unfun in a tube when there's...
  18. D

    Bend area in middle of October (updated with trip report)

    East Lake is doable in a tube. Paulina will also have big browns on the edges and is doable from a tube. I'd probably lean Paulina over East in mid-Oct. I personally like Diamond a lot in mid-to-late Oct, has browns, tigers and bows, but probably 1.5 hours away. Crane can be fun then. Hosmer...
  19. D

    Wanted BOUGHT Fish Cat 4 Float Tube

    Hey Chief, I'm not familiar with that float tube, but would definitely be up for checking it out. Could you DM your sister's contact info?
Back
Top