Search results

  1. D

    A real gem

    Thanks for the report, pig of a brown! Thinking about fishing that gem of a lake on Friday.
  2. D

    FS $200 Simms Freestone Waders XL Short - New In Box

    Selling my backup waders for $200 plus shipping. Bought these about 3 years ago as a back up pair, have never been used. Foot size is 9-11. These now retail for $380. Found a pair of G3s at a local resale store, and don't need a second set of backup waders.
  3. D

    SOLD - TFO BVK 10 Wt 4pc

    ttt
  4. D

    Wanted Women's waders

    Anyone have a good quality small or medium women's waders they'd like to sell? My wife's waders have reached the end of the road. Thanks!
  5. D

    FS Fishcat Stripping Apron

    Not sure if either of these will work, but you're welcome to them if you want to give them a try. Pretty sure the first one is from an old blue fishcat 4.
  6. D

    Monster Rainbow from one of the Seep Lakes 9/18/24

    Plus now we know how much that fish weighs. Up in BC everybody talks about the size of trout in pounds, so now I have at least one point of data to use to convert the measurements if I'm ever fishing up in BC again.
  7. D

    Tuna 2024

    Googled converting rod holders to fly rod holders. These might work for the rocket launchers: https://www.amazon.com/Fishing-Holder-Insert-Protector-Slotted/dp/B09XHKQ7DY https://www.amazon.com/SEADEAR-Protectors-Protector-Accessories-Diameter/dp/B0B5HCMQX5?th=1 Might work for the troll...
  8. D

    Tuna 2024

    Have been in pangas down in Mexico that have fly rod holders similar to this...
  9. D

    Tuna 2024

    It would be nice to be able to easily switch between 2-3 rods while on a trip. I could see using a rod with a Leviathan line for trolling, switching to a rod with an intermediate sink tip for bait stops, and if the tuna are really aggressive, switching to a rod with a floating line at a bait...
  10. D

    Tuna 2024

    There is a gummy minnow fly. I think it's from Umaqua. Not sure about floating though. And I guess at that point you might as well just stick a dead anchovy on the end of your fly line...
  11. D

    Tuna 2024

    That is great info. Now I need to remember to re- read this before going out again next year. And work on getting practice casting a 12 wt in a small boat with people everywhere :). One of the best parts of my trip this year was watching Nick get a couple of visible eats! It's awesome seeing a...
  12. D

    Tuna 2024

    I think @PhilR was looking for another trip.
  13. D

    Baja November 2024: Looking for boat/guide info

    Oh, and if you do get blown to Guaymas at least you'll have some good yellowtail fishing there :).
  14. D

    Baja November 2024: Looking for boat/guide info

    I was sure our third guy was going to flake, but he did send in the deposit money after a few reminders. But I'll check again. It seems like a fourth person should be possible also, will check on that.
  15. D

    Baja November 2024: Looking for boat/guide info

    My friend does that sort of trip to Baja a couple times a year, and tries to keep it in balance between reasonable cost and quality fishing, and arranges it all on his own. I'll check in with him on recommendations for guides and spots and DM you back. A few other thoughts - the biggest...
  16. D

    fly rod reel

    Second Wetswinger's advice, you will want to strip in most fish, instead of putting them on the reel - gives you way better control over most fish. The big fish will tell you when you need to use the reel. Okuma SLV is a solid reel for under $60. That's all I used for years on my 5wts. Never...
  17. D

    Tuna 2024

    I'm in. Sounds like fun!
Back
Top