Search results

  1. Gary Knowels

    What Are You Eating?

    Looks like fresh, not dried, bay leaf to me
  2. Gary Knowels

    Awesome Dogs of PNW

    Ultimate Frisbee
  3. Gary Knowels

    2026 Gardening Growing Thread

    That's how I got mine. They were purchased by my grandmother originally then passed to my mom's garden and eventually mine. I'm not sure what variety they are but the canes fruit twice this year's new canes are fruiting now and will fruit again in early summer next year then be done. I end up...
  4. Gary Knowels

    What Are You Eating?

    Grilled lamb shoulder steak, grilled fennel, fennel slaw, pearl couscous, and spiced labne
  5. Gary Knowels

    2026 Gardening Growing Thread

    Fair concerns, but I'm satisfied by current testing standards and results for heavy metals, PFAS, and pharmaceuticals. Purportedly they are the same, but I noticed a textural difference in them, with the bagged stuff really compacting and clumping. Switching to it did make my plants extremely happy.
  6. Gary Knowels

    2026 Gardening Growing Thread

    I was really disappointed in the quality of stuff I got from Walrath, it had a lot of rock and course sand mixed in. I've been much happier with Tagro and it's cheaper to boot. That is delivered (or self pick up, not the bagged stuff). I amended with SeaCoast compost and steer gro twice yearly...
  7. Gary Knowels

    2026 Gardening Growing Thread

    I can't remember exact date but I think early April. I grew a crop of radishes in this bed before the beans went in
  8. Gary Knowels

    2026 Gardening Growing Thread

    I picked my shelling beans this morning, bingo variety from Territorial. Mine are paler in color than their website shows or I recall when planting. I find the handful of dark beans funny. I got about 2 pounds of shelled beans. The description said the plants could get to 6' tall, but mine...
  9. Gary Knowels

    SFR Size 8 Frogg Toggs felt wading boots

    The cheapest ones they make, used by my wife a handful of times, in really good shape for what they are
  10. Gary Knowels

    2026 Gardening Growing Thread

    Anybody want this book? Free if you pick up in Tacoma
  11. Gary Knowels

    So where's the guardrails?

    He might get George Santos'ed
  12. Gary Knowels

    What Are You Eating?

    We're in freezer and pantry clean out mode. Chicken stock and collards from the freezer, pearl barley and beans from the pantry, and some veggies from the garden got supplemented with some scraps from the fridge and a package of sausage.
  13. Gary Knowels

    Lacto fermentation

    2.5% is the sweet (salty) spot for my tasters too
  14. Gary Knowels

    Lacto fermentation

    Can confirm that it works. You don't even have to wrap in a grape leaf. Pull the draw string, twist the neck of the bag, tie a knot around the twisted part, boom done. It does have a tendency to trap gas in the bag and want to float, so I put it in the bottom of the jar
  15. Gary Knowels

    Lacto fermentation

    Use a whole Chile de arbol or two instead, much easier to keep submerged, same flavor and spice
  16. Gary Knowels

    2026 Gardening Growing Thread

    That's not something I've heard of. How do you process and use it?
  17. Gary Knowels

    Recommendations for Backpacking Wading Boots

    https://korkers.com/collections/outdoor-shoes-sandals/products/all-axis-shoe?variant=51383262937395 If these shoes are comfortable for hiking/backpacking, they could really be the ticket!
  18. Gary Knowels

    What Are You Eating?

    I used a stick blender, but same idea
  19. Gary Knowels

    What Are You Eating?

    Same, I love the stuff
  20. Gary Knowels

    What Are You Eating?

    Thanks! The best tomato soup I've ever made. Roasting all the stuff first really deepens the flavor. I also put some fish sauce in it to turn up the flavor dial even more
Back
Top