Search results

  1. Peach

    First Time Visit - Enchantments

    Nice! Thanks for sharing the pics. BTW - I had the same issue with the valve as well on this trip, the value on the back rest bladder was turned on the off position. Luckily, I did bring my Leatherman (pliers) and had to gently twist the valve to shut it. Dissappointing since this was only...
  2. Peach

    First Time Visit - Enchantments

    I will have to try that. Not too bad inflating the tube, it inflates farily quickly, but it does take alot of time to deflate, probably easier to strap it on like this in times when I need to start the hike down the trail when I end up fishing longer than I am supposed to. Tough to leave when...
  3. Peach

    First Time Visit - Enchantments

    Made my first visit to the Enchantments and into the Alpine Lakes Wilderness last Friday. Packed my Wilderness Ultralite Float Tube and took a day trip into a well-known lake. Surprisingly, I picked a good day as I didn’t encounter any other hikers on the way up and just two groups on the way...
  4. Peach

    Alpine. Lakes. Wilderness.

    Great report - will be in the area next weekend, but just a day trip into one lake, so my trip won't be nearly as intense. I see you have the Ultra Lite Wilderness Float tube. I will be using it for my trip next week and used it for the first time at the beginning of July. Great sturdy tube...
  5. Peach

    SFR Fishing Foods (food near fishing)

    Pizza Parlor - Diamond Lake, OR. Nothing like having a slice after slaying some Rainbows, Browns, and Tigers :) Peach
  6. Peach

    Float Tubin' In The Mountains

    I tried my new Wilderness Lite float tube earlier in July - a day trip on just a 2 mile hike into the lake - very lite to hike in and once on the lake, it did a great job and I felt safe and it was comfortable for me - even at 6'5 and 240 LBS. Thanks to many on folks on this site providing very...
  7. Peach

    Sub-alpine lake fishing in MRNP 7/21/2023

    My guess would be the Brookies from that lake would probably be pretty good table fare .. a couple of the larger ones wouldn't be too bad I think. I don't eat much trout, I keep one or two a year to BBQ, but IMHO Brookies are the best tasting "trout" - especially when they are from higher...
  8. Peach

    A Short Trip to the Beartooths & YNP

    That lake is on my bucket list - thanks for sharing. Sounds like a Autumn or Fall trip would be better to get a shot at the larger trout.
  9. Peach

    Wanted Outcast Fish Cat Panther

    I just recently had to order the pontoons only from Outcast directly for my Fish Cat/Fish Panther. Spendy for the the pair - $850, but maybe you can call them to see if they have a single around. Popular item though - they didn't have anything in stock directly and I had to wait for a...
  10. Peach

    Gotta love brookies on a 3wt.

    Nice report as always. Thanks for sharing.
  11. Peach

    Lake Report

    Glad to see the lake back open again and great results Paul.
  12. Peach

    10 out of 10 would do again.

    Very good report. Thanks for sharing.
  13. Peach

    FS Simms Ultra Light waders size XL Sold

    Duh - should of thought of that - but a picture of the box and the label would be nice.
  14. Peach

    FS Simms Ultra Light waders size XL Sold

    Can you provide pictures? And were are you located and are you willing to ship?
  15. Peach

    Go explore! A quick Olympic loop…

    @Divad - Sorry I posted my inquiry basically at the sametime you posted your response to @Aleforme. Thanks for the information - very helpful. I will probably give it a shot next year :). Peach
  16. Peach

    Go explore! A quick Olympic loop…

    Great trip - I have this on my bucket list - but I think most people do as well. Would love to go give it a try someday. Don't have a motor boat but I do have a pontoon boat and willing to row a bit to get to the good locations. What is the best access point for someone that is willing to...
  17. Peach

    It was worth the walk!

    Love your reports. You have some good Stillwater options over there. Peach
  18. Peach

    Family Trip for MF Salmon Question

    I went with Middle Forks Adventure July 2020 - just opened up right after COVID. Went at the beggining of July - perfect time as weather warms up but river levels still high enough to allow you a full trip. Fun trip - beutiful country - so glad we went. I went with my adult daughter and...
  19. Peach

    What type line?

    For my Stillwater use I typically have two rods strung up and available. One is the old SA Mastery Series Clear Intermediate Stillwater line that Denny used to promote. I don't think this line is no longer available, but I like it so much that I have bought a couple of backups and spares and...
  20. Peach

    Coldwater closed

    Thanks for the info Paul, very helpful. There goes my weekend plans - I had small hopes to get up there to wet a line but No Bueno :(. Seems like they are being overly cautious and I too wonder why they don't utilize the gate just past the Coldwater turn off? Frustrating. May hit the...
Back
Top