Search results

  1. Peach

    Back to central WA hike-in lakes 5/15/2025

    Thanks for sharing - I always look forward to your reports :). Peach
  2. Peach

    thinking of Dry Falls on Thursday

    Is WDFW still limiting the stocking at DFL? I seem to remember a post a few years ago where someone mentioned that the local biologist decided to reduce the stocking at DFL to make more of a quality/trophy fishery and reduced the number of fished stocked by >50%. Most reports I have seen...
  3. Peach

    Good fishing at another hike-in seep lake 3/19/2025

    Nice looking fish. Thanks for sharing. Peach
  4. Peach

    Why Do You Troll?

    There are different type of trolling. There is the type when you put on your heavy sinking line, place the rod into the rod holder, set the motor to whatever speed you want or for some, it can be done while you row as well. This is how I learned how to fly fish, and this type of fishing can...
  5. Peach

    More Steelhead For Rock Lake

    I am not sure what to make of this thread :). Give it a year or two to allow these newly stocked fish to grow a bit, a 16-18 inch steelhead sounds like fun to catch or stay away completely due to the intimate danger that people say Rock Lake has. Never fished it myself, but after a bit of...
  6. Peach

    Howdy - intro

    Welcome - I need to stop by and pick up some tips on where to catch some SRC in the Salt in Oregon. I am sure you have some great SRC flies that would work as well. I will stop by and check out the Fly Shop next time I am in the area :). Peach
  7. Peach

    Just over a month out...

    Take it for what's it worth, but forecasters are calling for the return of Winter for the months of Feb, March, April. We will see, next week does look cold and wet...
  8. Peach

    I'm retiring - today is my last day

    Congrats. I am 4 months into my unexpected retirement, so far so good. Much easier to make fishing plans, I have a big long list of trips planned in the next few months.....
  9. Peach

    Any New Mexico Stillwater Recommendations?

    Thanks for the info - very helpful, especially on the food recommendation. I am looking forward to trying the New Mexico cuisine, and I have been told to make sure not to call it "Tex-Mex". They do love their chili's down there. :)
  10. Peach

    Any New Mexico Stillwater Recommendations?

    My Daughter and her boyfriend recently moved to Albuquerque, NM. The boyfriend used to be a white water river guide on the Salmon River in Idaho. He wanted to learn how to fly fish so we are working on a short trip down the Rio Chama for a two nighter to get some rafting, camping and allow me...
  11. Peach

    New Article: What Are Wading Pants (Dryft SEEKR Review)

    Which size do you have?
  12. Peach

    New Article: What Are Wading Pants (Dryft SEEKR Review)

    I love the ideal and concept of these wading pants. Only issue is finding the closest size that fits my unusual body type. I am 6'5" 240 LBS with a 34x34 pants size and size 13 foot. A large long looks like a pretty close fit, but I have this same issue with a lot of hip waders of where the...
  13. Peach

    3 days 866 miles 6 reservoirs

    Way to get out and do some exploring, Brian, in some fairly remote territory by the look of the pictures and your story. Lake #1 & #6 made the trip worthwhile, I am sure :). Nice fish and nice report, thanks for sharing. Peach
  14. Peach

    Aug-tember

    Nice report - thanks for sharing and thanks for helping to clean up. Peach
  15. Peach

    Over thinking it.

    Ha - that was one of the lakes I hit last weekend and still got my ass handed to me. Funny thing is that the reports have been very good so far and continue to be so, but I guess it just wasn't my day :).
  16. Peach

    Finally getting some Fall temps

    It is Oct tomorrow , it has been a warm Sept as well in PNW - but the temps are finally just about getting down to fishable levels, time to start the Autumn fish fest!
  17. Peach

    Over thinking it.

    Good Luck on your trip Paul - hopefully the fishing is better than it has been the last couple of years. I just got my butt handed to me in CO last weekend and as I was sitting in my pontoon boat trying to figure things out and came to the realization that I too maybe out thinking things a...
  18. Peach

    A little bit of fishing in CO

    Good report - will be hitting Tall Bird Meadow lake in a few weeks myself. Thanks for sharing.
  19. Peach

    East lake advice 1st week of august

    If East isn't producing - I caught a few of these from the neighboring lake last Saturday. I wanted to mix things up a bit and visit this lake for the first time. Glad I did :). DM me if you want more details. Peach
  20. Peach

    A Late 4th Report

    Great report. I took my daughter on her first backpacking trip to that lake as well about 4-5 years ago, but she was in her late teens but it worked, she caught the backpacking bug and now is taking 20 mile trips. She just got back from Yellowstone/Tetons a few weeks ago and we have a camping...
Back
Top